Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dribble or lift and shake
  • project
    Free Member

Well when you get fuel do you dribble out all over the floor, or lift the hose, and shake the last drips out of the hose, because if you do the later.

WHY, youre just tight and holding up the queue behind you.

winstonsmith

chill. you’ve probably got 75+ years around these parts, you can spare a few seconds

Sugar2
    Free Member

lift the hose everytime, make sure I get it all out!

uplink
    Free Member

Last thing I want is diesel on my shoes so a little shake is in order

MrOvershoot

Sugar2 – Member

Just where do you think the valve is in a fuel hose?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Lift and shake to avoid adding to the pool of petrol and diesel spilled and dripped all over the place. Oh, and if there is a queue you are not going to take any longer to leave, unless you just miss your place in the queue, and if there is no queue then why are you waiting behind me, go to that empty pump you loon!

eth3er
    Free Member

This thread is exactly what I thought it would be about.

cinnamon_girl

Oh, disappointment 🙁

lowey

Lift the hose and get the free contents…

T’others can wait till i drain.

GrahamS

I just dab the end with toilet paper.

MrSmith
    Free Member

any more than 3 shakes constitutes a ****.

MrOvershoot

MrOvershoot – Member

Sugar2 – Member

Just where do you think the valve is in a fuel hose?

lowey – Member

Lift the hose and get the free contents…

T’others can wait till i drain.

Hello are you listening!!

Sandwich

There is evidence that shows that not much liquid petrol is required for a large flash flame risk from vapour to be present. Always make sure the nozzle is empty before I replace it as I don’t want that vapour risk in the car.
    Now people who get in and faff after paying can be very irritating. Check mirror, put in seat belt, check mirror again, reset trip counter, check mirror, start car, check mirror and then maybe pull away or stall and do it again! 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

lol at all the people thinking theyre getting extra fuel 🙂 I always lift and shake but solely because i hate drips. I’ll make it last even longer if I think someone is fuming behind 🙂

langy
    Free Member

Shake – after being in a workshop the morning after there was a diesel spill, I don’t want to wander around smelling like fuel all day again from dripping it on me.

These days, you’d probably arouse a lot of peoples overly paranoid fears of suicide bombers etc. Especially as I have a beard, so must be a muslim fundamentalist!!!! 🙄

forge197
    Free Member

Depends on the car, out new Fiesta has capless fuelling and you are recommended to stand around for 10seconds once you have stop filling with fuel to avoid drippage.

But normally whatever action prevents fuel dripping on the car or me 🙂

In fact I’d never considered to till this post and got sucked in, wonder if you will remember starting this post when you wake up.

project
    Free Member

Just realised the valve is on the trigger/lever, so you only get tthe nozzle fuel not the hose fuel.

Dah im so dumb.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dribble or lift and shake’ is closed to new replies.