Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dreamweaver experts…?
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

Hi

I have been given the task of doing our company website, I used to dabble in web design waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the mists of time.

I have a copy of dreamwevaer CS4 and photoshop, just have a few questions..

1 – Can anyone suggest a good dreamweaver book, I know my way round HTML basics and not a total newbie and know photoshop pretty well.

2 – I want to use CSS as I know the site will constantly be changed, things added etc, is it best practice to do it in plain HTML first (get the layout of a few pages right) and then add the main CSS tags at later date?

3 – Any other tips really do’s and don’t when starting a site from scratch in dreamweaver. There will be a lot of PDF datasheets and information on different products and categories and there will be quite a lot of pages, we don’t want anything flashy or fancy just simple to navigate and get the user to the correct product without any faffing.

As above are there any good beginner resources on how to set up a template/layout etc?

Cheers for any help

xiphon
    Free Member

Tip #1 – have a plan of what web pages you want, and how they are linked. Pen and paper for this job.

Tip #2 – stick to CSS, and layers instead of tables for the layout.

Tip #4 – use the HTML validator tool.

Tip #5 – If things are going to be ‘added’ and ‘changed’ have you considered an already available CMS software package?

geoffj

Tip #5 – If things are going to be ‘added’ and ‘changed’ have you considered an already available CMS software package?

Indeed – WordPress FTW

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Cheers all,

a mate of a mate of a mate suggested this book..

BOOK

I take this will tie in with dreamweaver ok?

cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dreamweaver experts…?’ is closed to new replies.