Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • DRE 'tail-end' examination, how uncomfortable is it?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

If you’ve had one, you probably know what I’m talking about. Just how unpleasant is it having your prostate tickled by a male GP?

And anyone had an ultrsound test as well – did that involved a probe or just an external sensor?

Obviously these tests are important, and my GF points out that she puts up with worse every year.

peterfile
    Free Member

you’re gonna die

franksinatra

Not a big deal at all.

Helios
    Free Member

Just how unpleasant is it having your prostate tickled by a male GP?

What does the fact that your GP is male have to do with anything?

avdave2

Big hands?

wwaswas

you’ll be fine;

DrP

Doesn’t hurt me at all….

DrP

Woody
    Free Member

Yeh had both and the rear end one is not too bad.

However, if the other involves a camera up the ‘old chap’ don’t make the mistake I did and agree to a ‘couple of trainees’ watching the procedure, only to find 1/2 dozen student nurses crowded round the table for a better view! The fact that my ‘pride and joy’ had shrunk to proportions not witnessed since I was 6 years old and had been swimming in a frozen lake, was soon forgotten after ‘insertion’, which to put it mildly was a tad uncomfortable!

Just be prepared for the first wee afterwards and make sure no-one if a nervous disposition is within earshot, as it can only be described as like pissing hot broken glass 😥

If its an ultrasound, all that involves is a bit of gel on your stomach same as they use on pregnant women and a full bladder prior to the test.

peterfile
    Free Member

Doesn’t hurt me at all….

DrP

Must be odd getting home from work and sitting down to dinner with the family, breaking bread fully aware of the fact that your finger was just up stranger’s anus.

🙂

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Make sure he takes his watch off…

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks DrP, a fine reward for 5 years studying medicine.

My GP looks like the sort of chap who’d have skinny fingers. I wonder which one they use, I’d imagine using the middle one could take the romance out of some other types of DREs…..?

McHamish
    Free Member

Moan while he’s doing it, and afterwards thank him for being gentle with you was it was your first time.

avdave2

fully aware of the fact that your finger was just up stranger’s anus.

Can you really regard someone a stranger once you’ve passed the sphincter? I mean dogs are friends for life with just a sniff.

DrP

Must be odd getting home from work and sitting down to dinner with the family, breaking bread fully aware of the fact that your finger was just up stranger’s anus.

It’s life, really!
    Understandably as a patient it’s worrying and embarrassing, but never think the Dr is going to judge you or be disgusted – I’d probably rather have my finger in someone’s ass than in their mouth!

DrP

wwaswas

I’d probably rather have my finger in someone’s ass than in their mouth!

You do Donkeys too?

Northwind

Having been probed from both ends, the top is much less pleassant than the bottom. They used a different endoscope luckily.

brooess
    Free Member

Crying

IHN

They used a different endoscope luckily.

or they just gave it a good rinse…

leffeboy

We used to sell these in a previous job. The ‘bum gun’ as we amusingly referred to it had a centimeter scale that went much further than i was happy with

And an insertion seat with a lever at the side 😯

I never saw one of those ‘in the flesh’ thankfully
    edit: in retrospect I don’t remember ever seeing more that a marketing brochure for it so it may never have actually been made – thankfully

(DrP’s reply is reassuring though)

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Can’t believe we’ve got this far without some Peter Griffen

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75dgE4[/video]

Northwind

IHN – Member

or they just gave it a good rinse…

Nah, one of them had a greater girth and, frankly, more suggestive shape. Can’t tell me that was an accident, I blame Leffeboy.

boxfish
    Free Member

Dr DRE is one bad-ass mofo…bdum tish

alfabus
    Free Member

agentdagnamit’s GP:

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Jeeez, frickin’ hope not. I hope he’s got the fingers of a 9 year old chinese protege violinist (if you know what I mean, this isnt a comment on my sexual preferences).

I reckon I might practice tonight, is there a suitable Park tool that would help?

alfabus
    Free Member

I reckon I might practice tonight

the very definition of TMI.

deviant
    Free Member

Ask for a female Dr and enjoy it….you’ve probably had a finger up there before when the other half gives a blowy so what’s the big deal…..actually being stuffy, repressed, middle classed world this will be a knew experience for you….try not to cum then.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The uncomfortable thing is the feeling of complete vulnerability. Lying on your side with your knees at your chest. ❗

matt_outandabout

I can see your doc

matt_outandabout

project
    Free Member

Had it done, very profesional male gp, if that makes any difference,he will ask to lie on your side and bring your knees to your chest, and then he will apply some ky gel and with a slight push he is in,quick twiddle and he is out, he will be feeling for enlarged prostrate, or any lumps or bumps internally, sometimes they also use a conical clear tube and shine a light down it, femaledr did that for me when in hospital,when i had a pilonial abcess,and very sore and inflamed

I have always wondered how Gp,s practice this procedure, and just how its written on their timetable when training.

Oh and if you feel two hands on your shoulders………..

DrP

I have always wondered how Gp,s practice this procedure, and just how its written on their timetable when training.

Believe it or not, there is quite a market for fake plastic arses. The best have changeable prostates.
    Seriously.

DrP

footflaps

Moan while he’s doing it, and afterwards thank him for being gentle with you was it was your first time.

Made me laugh…

On a more serious note, not painful at all. I had a lovely female consultant who neither washed her hands before or after. So much for hospital hygiene!

footflaps

Believe it or not, there is quite a market for fake plastic arses.

Got to be tricky explaining your homework to your wife….

docrobster
    Free Member

It’s one of the “directly observed procedural skills” and part of my role as a GP trainer is to observe trainees and sign them off as competent…..
    Such fun…

slowmart
    Free Member

Brings a whole new meaning to bum fun.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘DRE 'tail-end' examination, how uncomfortable is it?’ is closed to new replies.