Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dragon post-mortem. It was beezer.
  • mcboo
    Free Member

My sportive duck broken, don't know about you but I had a great old time. Really well organised I thought, great weather, good route…..I even had some good chit-chats on the way round with some nice fellas who gave me the scoop on what was coming up.

Road riding is hard

llama

Yes first road event for me and I have to say I really enjoyed myself. It was hard, but not as hard as a 8 hour MTB ride even with those lovely big climbs 🙂

finbar
    Free Member

I'm new to sportives as well. I've never ridden with so many lazy, work-shy wheelsuckers before.

Got round in 6h10m.

llama

I've never ridden with so many lazy, work-shy wheelsuckers before.

(yawn) not this old thing again

finbar
    Free Member

I didn't know we'd done it before. Anyway, whatever, it was how it was.

aP
    Free Member

Did they make you walk down a 1km farm track at the start and had the feed stations run out of food?
    Two reasons I haven't done it again – especially as it's supposed to be the best sportive in the UK.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

First time for me. Enjoyed it but not sure I'd go out of my way to do it again. There was food at the stations, but no High 5- just High 5 containers with water in. Big queue at the start, but I wouldn't necessarily hold that against them, must be difficult to sort it out.

7.42 for the Gran Fondo- would have liked to have done it quicker but can't really see me ever getting round in much less than 7. It's always a surprise how much time is lost at feed stations though!

ChrisE
    Free Member

I broke my duck a couple of weeks ago with the Dales Etape. 178km & 5500m of ascent. Loved it, very hard, fantastic organisation, loads of food & drink and litterally thousands of bannanas!

C

mrmo
    Free Member

did it a few years ago, the walk was a pain but not to bad, it was the red light jumpers, particularly the one who crashed into me that have put me off going back.

A reasonable course but a bit to much urban stuff imo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dragon post-mortem. It was beezer.’ is closed to new replies.