Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Dr Who – possible spoilers.
  • RustySpanner

Well, I wasn’t expecting that!

JAG

Hmm nor me – does that mean he’s going to regenerate in the next series?

I guess it must do, mustn’t it??

stumpyjon

I have no idea what was going on. As long as Jenna Louise Coleman doesn’t regenerate jobs a good un.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That was indeed unexpected!

codybrennan
    Free Member

Exciting!

project
    Free Member

In the celebration episode filming now, quite a few of the old drs are back except the ones who are dead, or wanted to much money to appear it appears.

Russel t Davis needs to return.

godzilla
    Free Member

Epic episode!

ThePinkster

project – Member
    In the celebration episode filming now, quite a few of the old drs are back except the ones who are dead, or wanted to much money to appear it appears

Or doesn’t want any more association with the Doctor, like Christopher Eclestone.

Was a chuffin’ good episode tonight.

Sonor
    Free Member

Hmm nor me – does that mean he’s going to regenerate in the next series?

I could tell you, but then I’d have to pretend that you weren’t listening…

CaptJon
    Free Member

Am i the only one disappointed with this series? The mystery was nowhere near as good as the pregnancy build up and reveal.

RustySpanner

Thought it was the best Matt Smith series so far:

Nicely old fashioned.
    Good stories rather than lots of quick cut shots & pseudo scientific bullshit.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty poor too CaptJon. Just seemed like random bits of script cut and pasted together.

Pieface

The ‘scarlet horror’ episode with the prehistoric leech in Victorian Leeds was especially poor

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Nonsense.

Worth watching for Diana Rigg’s toecurling ‘By Eck’ dialogue alone.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Got round to watching this tonight………. Eh?

RustySpanner

ScottChegg – Member

Nonsense.

Worth watching for Diana Rigg’s toecurling ‘By Eck’ dialogue alone.

And Rachael Stirling.
    And Madame Vastra & Jenny. In leather.
    And the TomTom joke.

Honestly, no class you lot……… 🙂

mtbfix

I agree with the sense that this was a series that left me a little flat. They were all enjoyable enough but I did not feel hooked into the wider story. Fun all the same.

As for his name, not sure I really care.

RustySpanner

I’m sick of the wider bloody story.
    The whole River Song/Amy thing left me cold and the quick cut scene, lots of running around, music video type production of the last couple of series was awful.

I hope the next few episodes and the whole Clara story arc don’t go the same way.

I want good writing, a decent plot, proper baddies,a couple of cheesy jokes, a slightly wobbly set and attractive female companions. Possibly, but not necessarily in leather.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Colin.
    That’s his name BTW. Bit of a disappointment as I’m sure most people were holding out for Dave.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just watched! We as in 39, 37, 11 and 8 yr olds are all in the state of wtf!!!
    I did see that Matt smith has had his barnet shaved for some US work but had he really left dr who? I hope not as he’s bloody ace as the doctor!

kimbers

that was

really enjoyed this series, apart from that silly epsiode with the girl singing but journey to the centre of the tardis, crimson terror and this one have been standout greats for me !

CountZero

“Clara, an enigma, wrapped in a Mystery, wrapped in a skirt that’s just a bit too tight…”
    “D’you think I’m pretty?”
    “No, you’re too short, you’re bossy, and your nose is a funny shape!”
    “Oh, that’s alright then”
    Great Neil Gaiman dialog! 😀

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Colin.
    That’s his name BTW. Bit of a disappointment as I’m sure most people were holding out for Dave

I was hoping for Trevor… 😥 Dunno why…just seem that Trevor’s are a little hard done by is all, bit like gingers really I spose..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Luke – not been many good lukes around, throw in the odd how’s your father gag….

IGMC

Cougar

Just caught up with this.

I reckon JH is the Valeyard.

Cougar

Though, his identity has been leaked (allegedly):

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.813&article=103035

… so maybe not, if that’s to be believed.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Really, really scary comments at the end of that article.

I hope none of those spurned misfits has access to a gun. There is nothing more dangerous than a pallid shut-in on a crusade for justice.

ThePinkster

I thought everyone knew the Doctor’s name was Keith?

Drac

Just caught up with it on iPlayer nice choice I reckoned. Enjoyed this series, yes some of the stories were weak but it is after all very much meant for kids too.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I watched one episode which was some of the very worst TV I’ve witnessed in my entire life, a friend texted me to say Dr Who was on and it had been filmed just up the road in Newport, great, but what I saw next was a little girl singing opera to defeat an alien god thrashing around inside a perspex tank. You can say the old it’s got to appeal to kids thing but I’d have thought it was just as shite when I was ten.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

a little girl singing opera to defeat an alien god thrashing around inside a perspex tank

It’s not been a great series imo, a few good episodes and that one which was just a bit slow and weird.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its all fiction they will make something up

Struggling to care beyond how entertained I am which is moderatedly at the minute but my kids absolutely love it and you know what …its for kids Sci fi for kids and on that front it is a show my kids will love as adults just like we all do

As fro no more Dr’s like they will just end it with the 12 th not being able to re incarnate or continue in some way shape or form

whatnobeer
    Free Member

As fro no more Dr’s like they will just end it with the 12 th not being able to re incarnate or continue in some way shape or form

Would be a good story/ending to have a big emotional ending, only to have him regenerate and have no idea why. Queue next series finding out what happened.

TPTcruiser

My 2p worth of speculation:
    John Hurt is the earlier version of the Dr, before Christopher Ecclestone after McCoy/McGann, the one who ended the time war/Dalek extermination, the “really bad thing” we are alluded to every so often.

PS I like River Song, hope she comes back as a ghost again, but didn’t her regenerating the Dr in the last series, Nazi Germany(?) reset the regeneration counter for him, using up all her own.

Cougar

the earlier version of the Dr, before Christopher Ecclestone after McCoy/McGann

… which is what it says in that link I posted.

thepurist

Is it just me or is that potato headed alien chap the Dr Who equivalent of JarJar Binks? ie. first up against the wall come the revolution.

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s not just you no.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Saturday I watched the finale of series/season 1 with my 10 year old son, and we both enjoyed it and the simple Dalek beating plot.
    Sunday we watched the current season on i-player and had to keep pausing it, as dab Jnr kept asking what stuff meant and why did he/they say that and the dialogue was so fast. We enjoyed it, but it seemed unnecessarily complicated and fandom laden.
    The conclusion is that they have written The Doctor to be so powerful that the only enemy he needs to expend any effort to defeat is himself. The smart money is on the Time War genocidal Doctor played by John Hurt…
    can’t wait…
    and keep the gags coming Strax…

Drac

Series 1 of the new batch were very good, Christopher Eccelston was brilliant as the Dr.

her regenerating the Dr in the last series, Nazi Germany(?) reset the regeneration counter for him, using up all her own.

As it’s all about time travel and different dimensions they can change whatever they want.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Dr Who – possible spoilers.’ is closed to new replies.