Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DPA Pike Problem
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Hello, I’ve run into a little problem with my 2014 DPA Pikes. I’m wondering if anyone can help please. I’ve had a look on Google already, but I’m not seeing anything that is DPA specific.

Fork stuff I think is relevant:
    Forks were owned by me from brand new, I’ve put about 300km on them, mostly trail centre miles, a couple of days in the Lakes are the hardest they’ve been used. I don’t use the lower setting for descending, and it’s left in the “charger” setting mostly. I am a light rider (68kg fully loaded) but I run them at 80psi for a firmer ride for the local stuff.

The problem:
    It sinks into the travel a few mm when in full travel mode, unloaded. I can pull the fork up and there’s a noticeable “drop” in the travel as soon as I hit something rough or take a drop-off.

The forks are less than 6 months old. I could send them back to the LBS, but that involves a long-ish car journey. I was wondering if this is something a home mechanic can fix, or would be fixed under warranty if I sent it to the service centre. Speaking of which, who are the Rockshox Service Centre in the UK (SRAM/Fisher?) and how good are they? I know it’s Mojo for Fox, who have been pretty good at replacing stuff under warranty when I sent my Fox forks in for service previously.

Thanks for any help!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Anybody? Please?

benpinnick

Pikes have a habit of doing this. Some say its because they are too well sealed and you create a negative spring in the lower, which is certainly plausible. The solution to that little issue is to evacuate the air from the lower by passing a small ziptie between the seal and the stanchion (having removed the retaining spring.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Cheers Ben.

mildred

If returning them involves a lengthy drive, why not get a courier to collect them from you? It’s probably cheaper than the fuel bill and you haven’t wasted your day.

Russell96
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DPA Pike Problem’ is closed to new replies.