Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • downsizing: 3 bikes to 2.
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

I need to downsize what i’ve got in the garage but can’t really decide what to do. the following is what is there

trek fuel ex8
    456 summer season,reba teams@120mm, xt drive train, juicy 3 brakes, hope am4 wheelset
    scott scale frame, knackered dart2 fork, cheapo wheelset, cheapo singlespeed drivetrain.

I mainly ride new forest/purbecks/afan and sometimes cwmcarn

The trek is staying but what to keep out of all the other components?
    do i sell the scott stuff and keep the 456 as is?
    do i stick everything on the scale frame and change the wheelset for pro2/stans crest and sell the 456?

AAAARRRGH?!?!!?

what would you guys do>?

Highland28
    Free Member

I would keep the 456 if i were you, it will be able to take some harder hits than the scott and it is already built up so u wouldnt have to change everythin over.

GW
    Free Member

I’d stick all the cheap knackered shit on the 456 and then never ride any of them. pretty sure you know what you want to do.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

GW – i’m genuinly unsure as to what i want to do, been thinking about it for months! was all ready to stick the scott frame on thifbay until i rode a canondale flash a fortnight ago and ended up confused again!!

GW
    Free Member

in that case build up the Scott with all the parts from the 456. they sound quite light/racey for it anyway.. and see how you like a nice light bike. if you find you don’t like it just swap the parts back over and sell the Scott frame. no need to buy anything (other than maybe gear cables)

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’d buy a cyclo-cross bike aswell.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

any other opinions?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘downsizing: 3 bikes to 2.’ is closed to new replies.