Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Downloading your Garmin Edge or Forerunner to your Android phone
  • dobo
    Free Member

dobo – Member

my pet hate with garmin is they dont seem to be bothered about supporting linux users with their software,

Good. I’d hate to see any significant development effort being diverted from the platforms which 99.9999% of their users actually use.

Well they need to get their multiplatform support sorted before its too late. Would be good to see garmin software on android and linux, but they prety much missed the boat on that one, doubt it be long before apple, android and others release something that will blow garmin out the water with its multi device and platform tech.

how about android gps watch/bike computer that sync to your pc tablet phone with ant+ powered by google etc

dont get me wrong linux desktop use is very low and is my secondary Os, but its increasing all the time due to its low cost and lower hardware requirements.

arguably android phones negate the need for a garmin device right now.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I looked into this a while ago using a xoom and an edge 705. Basically I’m pretty sure that the edge doesn’t support garmin interface specification over USB since it behaves like mass storage device. You could still do it but you would interpreting the xml files on garmin device.

carlo23
    Free Member

Just a quick update on my android app (sportablet). The following Garmin devices are now supported:

Edge 205, 305, 500, 800

Forerunner 301, 205, 305, 110 (probably 210 as well, need some testers 🙂

Most likely, the oregon in serial interface mode could be made to work as well (need testers here too)

The Edge 705 will be supported in a few weeks (I’m working on this app on my spare time). Ant+ devices will follow…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Downloading your Garmin Edge or Forerunner to your Android phone’ is closed to new replies.