Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Downhill UST Mud Spikes (Other than Wetscreams)
  • VegiAlex
    Free Member

As the world seems to be sold out of UST screamers is there an alternative? Any help would be most appreciated. Anyone who says stick a tube in a regular wetscream will be ignored.

Lots of love
    Vegi

jam-bo

swampies?

it has to be proper nasty for screamers to really come into there own, if its that gopping then i generally don't bother.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

as jambo said,

has to be mental muddy to be worth running wet screams, swamp things for general winter dh dutie's.

schwalbe do the muddy mary…

VegiAlex
    Free Member

I did try swampies for a bit, but i feel much more comfortable on a spike. Its probably worth mentioning that im a HUGE spike fan. I run F:Half cut down R:Full cut down in the dry, and F:Full spike R:Half cut in the wet. I also (but rarely) use minion DHFs F+R in the dry. So really im looking for a UST wetscream, but not a maxxis cus they are sold out.

Also id like the moon on a stick if you've got one going spare.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

why the hell would you run wet screams in the dry?
    even cut down ones will give you much less grip in the dry than a high roller/minion!

messiah
    Free Member

Michelin Mud 3 – probably even harder to get hold of than any of the above.

I have 2 unused in my garage ready for this winter and I love them… apart from the nearly 1.5kg weight.

Not a UST tyre but I run them that way with no problems.

VegiAlex
    Free Member

Thanks Messiah, do you run them on tubeless rims or with a tubeless kit. (Stans etc.)

solamanda
    Free Member

Dual ply maxxis tyres work fine for tubeless. I've used loads of them on UST rims, ghetto and Bontrager tubeless wheels. Make sure you use a latex based sealant like stans if you do this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Downhill UST Mud Spikes (Other than Wetscreams)’ is closed to new replies.