Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Downhill race insanity – what a showman!
  • globalti
    Free Member

Watch how the rider in red eats dirt then…. I won’t spoil the rest.

boxfish
    Free Member

Nice move!

Edric64
    Free Member

I wasnt expecting that !!

mt
    Free Member

That was impressive

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Perfect timing!

slider888
    Free Member

that was class! 😯

Duffer
    Free Member

Pretty smart!

Although, it looks as if they’ve pitted a pro against 2 beginners…

FuzzyWuzzy

Hah brilliant, got pretty lucky with the timing though coming off the wall!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Not seen that type of event before. IMO sack off DH racing and put that in its place.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Miss match in riding ability in that race me thinks

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Not seen that type of event before. IMO sack off DH racing and put that in its place.

4X?

ComradeD
    Free Member

Welcome to last week

dmorts

Welcome to last week

😀

It’s 4X not downhill too

nedrapier

chappy doing the overtake was on a DH bike, others were on hardtails.

That was obviously a section of the course which favoured the DH bike!

frogstomp

Properly jaw-dropping moment! I guess first two qualify so they eased off anyway, but even so…

njee20
    Free Member

4x tends not to have the tech sections like that though, that’s like half DH, half 4x, hence the different bikes I guess.

chamley
    Free Member

Haa i’ve never seen so much wrong in a single thread! It’s 4x not DH, they’re all on hardtails, nobody is on a dh bike and it’s a format that’s been around for over 10 years with tons of coverage everywhere…

crankboy
    Free Member

All the bikes looked like hard tails to me . I could not be bothered to google the two lossers but given the identity of the winner I bet it was not a mismatch of bikes.
    ” Michal “Marosana” Maroši ranks amongst the best-known Czech cycling athletes, and is now a top name on the UCI World Cup circuit. After great success in the golden years of BMX racing, Michal made a substantial leap over into the world of mountain biking, winning the European Championship in Dual Slalom in 1998.”
    Still an excellent recovery.

bigjim

Haa i’ve never seen so much wrong in a single thread! It’s 4x not DH, they’re all on hardtails, nobody is on a dh bike and it’s a format that’s been around for over 10 years with tons of coverage everywhere…

yeah thats what I was thinking, no idea what everyone else has watched!

chvck
    Free Member

Actually this one there are some on DH bikes. So errr…. fail?

STATO
    Free Member

Actually this one there are some on DH bikes

Not in the vid tho.

chiefgrooveguru

There are three bikes in that race, they’re all (4X specific?) hardtails, it’s not a mix of DH and 4X racing, that’s what 4X tracks are like otherwise it would just be slightly more gravity assisted BMX racing, and if you see it from the other camera angles the winner comes way out wide before the wallride, carrying a ton of speed, and then hits a kicker to jump to the wall and then lets the wall push him round the bend, hence the awesome overtake!

No showboating, just bloody fast riding, awesome skill and great race tactics. Proper 4X!

chvck
    Free Member

No, there aren’t in the vid that’s true. There was a DH bike in the final that round though.

boblo
    Free Member

I saw a DH bike in a shop last week so there! Thread recovered from near fatal inaccuracy 🙂

nedrapier

Fair enough, I remembered the story wrong.

more

chiefgrooveguru

It’s like an argument in an old people’s home…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve seen the odd DH bike in 4x events before, usually a DH rider who’s crossing over and doing both events. But yet, sweet move.

thepurist

Nice, but really needs Rob Warner.

Jamie
    Free Member

Bit of a better angle:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYVi7DXjtI[/video]

karen805
    Free Member

The race was part of round 4 of the 4x Pro Tour.. round up video here – http://www.4xprotour.com/

Including footage of Katy Curd, who won again!

greeble
    Free Member

chappy doing the overtake was on a DH bike, others were on hardtails.

That was obviously a section of the course which favoured the DH bike!

urrm should have gone to spec savers

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

You can tell from the start that those two riders were new to 4x racing. The gate snap says it all. Still a class move though. Love the size if the crowd.

legend
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – Member

Give two slow guys a headstart over a fast guy and see what interesting technique he can use for getting passed? Could be ok I suppose.

4x is generally a procession after the first corner, and is boring as a result.

plyphon
    Free Member

And meanwhile in the road bike world this was deemed knarley enough to get it’s own swanky filmed video:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgSv8B6UiUY[/video]

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Downhill race insanity – what a showman!’ is closed to new replies.