Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Downhill courses at Innerleithan, were do the uplifts start from?
  • bigdave
    Free Member

Guys off to Inners this weekend but uplift is full so we going to push/cycle up, were do they start the uplifts from? is it a carpark or layby? cheers

grum
    Free Member

There’s a big-ish carpark, it’s on a road off the main road through Innerleithen, signposted Project Downhill.

You might still be able to get a few runs on the uplift if anyone buggers off early or whatever.

bigdave
    Free Member

Could you possibly give me some directions?

jockhaggis
    Free Member
    legend
    Free Member

(Assuming coming from Peebles direction) Drive into Innerleithen, turn right just passed the Co-op (and Alpine Bikes). Drive across the bridge (about 1/2mile down the road), car park is 100yds further on the left

wrightyson
    Free Member

You can’t miss it really! Look for the “converted” school bus and the cattle truck. Last time we did it two lads didn’t book in early enough, they rode to the top twice during the day and had had enough by then!!

Northwind

Like grum mentions spaces often become available, people don’t turn up or break their bikes or maim themselves or just go home early. Chances are you’ll find Elliot passed out in his car, they do single runs where they can.

And it’s well worth it, it’s not a bad push-up as push-ups go but it’s still a pain in the bum. Might be down in the afternoon myself, if you see a skinny guy with an old blue Ellsworth Dare say hi!

bigdave
    Free Member

Thats fantastic guys, many thanks for the advice and map and directions

hels
    Free Member

Yes, turn up super early and you might get on for single run, often folk have booked for the whole day but can’t drag their arse out of bed in time, or only allowed 4 hours to drive across central Edinburgh when it takes 6 at the moment.

Northwind

How did you get on? Or is it tomorrow? We ended up taking a couple of busrides since the humidity made it horrible pushing up, lots of space despite being officially full. Good day..

bigdave
    Free Member

We did not end up going because the weather was meant to be bad?? I was’nt going to drive 3 hrs there and the same back to push up in the rain and mud.
    Will have to plan it a bit better next time and get booked in early with Tally.
    We just went ti Gisburn and palyed around on the jumps and the new… well new to me as i have not been for ages Hope line, which i must say was utter rubbish why is it we can not make anything suoper impressive in the UK like they can in the alps, i know we do not have th the big mountains but take that away and they still make better trails than us.
    The only trail that i really like in the UK is Golspie Wildcat, Inners is OK i suppose buts about it. You the have Nevis Range which is great, but there is nothing else that impresses me, nothing in Wales for me and rest of 7stanes just boring.

Brycey
    Free Member

Inners is pretty unaffected by the weather. The courses can take a bit of moisture and most of it pretty sheltered by the forest.

jedi

we went once without uplift. got 5 and a half runs in before we were ruined 🙂

bigdave
    Free Member

Ah well it sounds worth while then, Ill see what weather like this next weekend. How long a ride up to the top is it?

nick1962
    Free Member

Not sure you would/could ride up.The push up paths are more direct but steep for the two lower sections then its ridable fire road and another push up path to the top.Three of the DH routes cross fire roads close to each other so you can mix and match and just session specific sections without having to go all the way to the top when you’re knackered! There are several other “unofficial” DH routes dotted about the hill too.Never pushed all the way to the top but guessing 30-40 mins?
    Definitely worth a trip a good mix of trails to suit all styles.

Northwind

Innerleithen gets better when it’s wet 😉

You can ride to the top, all of the main pushup path is ridable though there’s a couple of bits that are really horrible climbs, so I push them. You can mix in bits of the XC climb as well.

There’s 2 push-ups incidentally, one turns off early and is marked (IIRC) pushup to make or brake (or maybe caddon bank). It’s mostly fairly easy going then has a completely horrible push up the wall. Officially it doesn’t go all the way up, in practice everyone keeps pusing up the tunnel, watching carefully for roadgapping riders.

The main one always seems longer but is gentler, and I think probably isn’t any slower.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Downhill courses at Innerleithan, were do the uplifts start from?’ is closed to new replies.