Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Double "specific" front mech – Compatible with a triple?
  • letmetalktomark

I know this would appear as an obvious no but I wanted to check first.

Mech is a direct mount SLX labelled as a double that I am looking to use with a triple.

I know how 2009 😉

wwaswas

I had the opposite problem (use a triple mech with a double chainset) and the answer is ‘it might not’.

In my case the triple mech cage was too long and fouled the frame when a double didn’t – I’d be worried with a triple that the cage was too short to give keep clear of the chain/front chain rings.

letmetalktomark

Cool. Thanks.

Looks like it might be a bit longer until your treated to another shot of the “rockery” 😉

wwaswas

You could always give it a go with the double mech and just forgo the rockery pics if it succeeds 😉

taxi25
    Free Member

I tried and found the cage on the double front mech to short to work with a triple.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh road bikes – no, not compatible. Look at some images – very different.

Not sure about MTB though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Oh road bikes – no, not compatible. Look at some images – very different.

Not sure about MTB though.

The double mech I had has a much bigger back plate so in the ‘outer’ position it pretty much covered the inner ring, and a much smaller ‘arc arround the chainring’ to the outer plate too. I guess if you tried it on a tripple the back plate would hit the middle ring.

letmetalktomark

wwaswas – Member

just forgo the rockery pics if it succeeds

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Double "specific" front mech – Compatible with a triple?’ is closed to new replies.