Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Double and bash chain devices – recommendations?
  • jackthedog
    Free Member

I’m thinking along the lines of the Blackspire Dewlie, MRP Long Range Patrol or eThirteen DRS.

Would be looking to work with SLX chainset, 36t chainring and BB mount cos I don’t have ISCG.

What are they like to use? Any noticable drag or noise?

fingerbike
    Free Member

Have an ethirteen DRS, bb mounted, it’s great, don’t even notice it’s there and don’t have any noticable drag.

richc
    Free Member

I have a Blackspire Stinger on 1 bike, and a DRS on the other. When I come to replace them I will get another stinger, as its lighter, cheaper, easier to setup quieter and has never dropped the chain.

ianpv
    Free Member

I’ve had a DRS for a few years and it is fine, but I’d get a stinger next time.

£22 for a stinger + a bash vs. £120 (in the LBS) for a DRS? No competition. They work pretty much identically.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting (and money saving) comments on the Stinger…

davey_clayton
    Free Member

If you have a full sus frame with pivots anywhere near the BB then check with the manufacturers what they recommend, because some devices may not fit. Stinger should be OK, but anything with a boomerang might interfere with the pivot.

MrAgreeable

Third the Stinger. I have one and a DRS, and while the DRS is much more burly-looking and can cope with weird BB widths better, in use they are pretty much identical.

jackthedog
    Free Member

anything with a boomerang might interfere with the pivot.

Noted, cheers for the heads up.

So far it’s seeming like a bit of a no brainer – even from people who own the more expensive competition. Nice honesty, appreciated 🙂

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

E13 now offer a simplified and slimmed down version of the DRS calle dthe DS. Its a bottom roller only affair similar to the Stinger so might be worth a look.

richc
    Free Member

How much is the DS richie?

Vortexracing

£55 from merlin or £35 without bash, just bought one and is identical to the RS except it has a steel backplate rather than alloy, same roller set-up on both

adstick
    Free Member

Stinger, SLX cranks and dual front mech works very well. Haven’t dropped the chain once.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Ive got a e thirteen DRS and it has worked faultlessly, from what i can see the new ds guides dont have a inside slider plate so they may make a racket when in the granny ring?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Double and bash chain devices – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.