Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Dorset (Purbecks) 34 mile XC challenge Sun June 2nd
  • The DRRt

Its like the Wiggle Hill-a-Saurus except 9 miles longer, a better route, almost half the price, and you get the T shirt. Entries on the day as well for the same price.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Oooh can’t beat cycling the Purbecks and a challenge! Can’t wait for this. And whenever I’ve bumped into any Dorset Rough Riders they’ve been lovely. £15 is a good price too.

DanW
    Free Member

I am trying to enter this but the BC website is a complete waste of space (at least with trying to register for the online entry system)! I get to the section to create a new user account but then there is no button or option to progress or click register or anything like that. Hmmm….

We chose BC to get the right insurance cover and an online entry facility. This sort of thing is not what we need – will investigate.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Got any bigger images that illustrate the ride?

Got any bigger images that illustrate the ride?

dobo
    Free Member

ive not been to purbecks for far too long. looks like a cracking route. if only strava would do an elevation challenge 🙂

I am trying to enter this but the BC website is a complete waste of space (at least with trying to register for the online entry system)! I get to the section to create a new user account but then there is no button or option to progress or click register or anything like that. Hmmm….

Yep, not right is it 🙁

Just turn up on the day…..

dobo
    Free Member

works if your all ready registered as a member, but clearly a bit crap if your not

charliedontsurf

Blimey that is a good route.

5,000 hilly Dorset feet of elevation and more importantly 5,000 feet of downhill will be great.

I can’t help notice it takes in all the pubs too?

Thanks Charlie, all the good stuff is there including that Woodhyde DH

Your favourite watering hole is en route naturally.

charliedontsurf

But the square will be closed when we pass… !!!

DrP

Hats the woodhyde descent in pic three, isn’t it?
    Short, but über sweet when taken at eye watering speeds!

DrP

That is Woodhyde indeed. We didn’t dare do it at eye watering speed on last weeks recce, its as gnarly as ever :-0

Anna-B
    Free Member

I know it as “the really rocky track” didn’t realise it had a proper name 🙂

charliedontsurf

Woodyhyde is a tough one, just keeping your line over the rocks is hard work.

The last picture, drop into kimmeridge. Very happy we are not going up that, it’s a long tough walk.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Hi, looks interesting and I’ve never ridden in the area before. Can’t see any mention of the start times, though? (I’d be travelling over from Surrey, so a bit of a drive). Presume there’s still entry on the day, or is it nearly full?

Cheers

Greg

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Doh! Just seen it’s a 9am start.

DanW
    Free Member

Pictures look amazing!

The thought of 5000ft climbing….. 😯

The BC page to register for online payments looks as though some extra fields need to load after the first displayed are completed. As before, nothing new pops up to actually allow you to register. The fields are pretty strangely arranged too but hey ho.

If it is ok to pay on the day I would be very grateful!

DanW
    Free Member

I think it starts from 9am which means people should be rolling out in staggered groups after that but Dave can likely confirm this

OK folks, its officially a 9 to 10 am sign in/ staggered start.

After 10am a group of members will set off to remove signs and assist with breakdowns etc.

Included in the price;

T shirt (they’re being printed today).

Dorset Rough Riders water bottle

Route guide and map

Certificate.

Photos (to appear on DRR website)

—————————————-

Here’s Anna nailing Woodhyde

I managed to get a free BC user a/c some time ago, so clearly somethings gone wrong 👿

Yes. entry on the day.

Update: BC free user a/c seems to be fixed now…

Anna-B
    Free Member

Here’s Anna nailing Woodhyde

🙂

Entries closed on BC page, but turn up on the day £15.

Sunny and warm 😛

gary

Ah cool, was toying with signing up last night and then saw the online option was closed. May well swing over if this nice weather holds out, its been ages since I rode in the Purbecks.

seadog101

Insanely jealous. No way I can get to this. Love the purbecks, good trails, ample hillage, and sea views. And pubs.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Dorset (Purbecks) 34 mile XC challenge Sun June 2nd’ is closed to new replies.