Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Doomsday for me tomorrow, commiserations welcome
  • votchy
    Free Member

All, life begins at 40 (according to old people), tomorrow I will find out if this is true, please feel free to pass on your condolences to me and help yourself to one of the potentially life shortening sweet or savoury food items on my desk (the samosas are particularly fiery)

Cooroo
    Free Member

Cheers votchy, you young whippersnapper, you. Excellent bhajis.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

My 40th year ends in June, I can honestly say it’s been the most stressful depressing year of my life.

HTH.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Stop whinging you young pup, I’ll be 52 tomorrow 😥

mrsflash
    Free Member

40 is the new 20 apparently, so happy 20th.

DaRC_L

I found the lead up to being 40 depressing and generally bad.
    Once I was over the birthday everything seemed to be alright – and I had a brand spanking new Blur LT :D.

oldgit
    Free Member

40! yer poos still yellow.

sslowpace
    Free Member

40 last August. Still feel the same way I did when I was 25. Possibly my body can’t keep up….

Anyway, it’s an excuse for a celebration and treat!!

votchy
    Free Member

Looking forward to whatever my wife has planned for me, not sure it will be a Blur LT though. Am trying to stay young feeling but some of the music I am listening to is definitely too young for me 😯

Thanks for all the positive comments…

eldridge
    Free Member

Age is not an arbitrary number. Nowadays, thank God, there’s no standard definition of a 40 year old.

What ages people mentally is when they stop thinking “Christ, I’ve still got a lot to learn.”

What ages people physically is ill-health, some of which it is possible to avoid.

So:

Keep your mind inquisitive
    Keep riding your bike

You’ll have a good chance of putting two fingers up to the Grim Reaper, and people will say “You look pretty good for 40!”

stratobiker
    Free Member

40!!!!
    You’re only 40 and you’re talkin’ like your finished!
    You’re fecked!

Happy birthday tomorrow.

SB 🙂

shinsplints

Happy Birthday mate – will think of you when I am flying off the stage at the Neds gig Saturday night.Oh,and……..

Nico
    Free Member

It all starts to go downhill after 45. So mtfu and make the most of your final five years.

Bunnyhop

OOh happy birthday.
    Life really does begin. All sorts of fantastic things happened to me.

theotherjonv

It was mine 8 days ago. Congratulations. I can’t say I’ve noticed much has changed since, I certainly don’t feel any older. Not sure about the new 20, but the new 30 I’ll certainly go for.

Far more depressing for me was I got my post vasectomy sperm test results back today. I am officially a Jaffa. It’s not like we didn’t consider it carefully before volunteering and it’s not like it’s not what we want, but I’ve just been in to tuck my youngest in to bed and to think it’ll be only as grandparents that we’ll ‘have’ children this small again has made me sad.

On the plus side – I might be allowed out to play without my coat on. WIFE! Are you still awake!

cinnamon_girl

Definitely MTFU and have a great birthday. Can definitely recommend a MLC bike though.

At the end of the day it’s just a number and it’s up to you how you live your life. If you want to be old, you can be. If you don’t want to be then go ride your bike!

s8tannorm
    Free Member

My brother is 41, to hear him talk he’s 71 … he uses his age as an excuse for not doing anything. On the other hand I instructed a bloke on a MTB training course last year who was 72. Nothing stopped him, after 2 days he was happily landing 3′ drops … a real inspiration.

You’ll be as old as you allow yourself to be.

Stuart

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I was 40 a couple of years ago – my wife took me to Krakow (a beautiful 5 star hotel) and we did the sights but the main reason was to go to Auschwitz/Birkenau to see the death camps (I know, a pretty maudlin place to go, but she knew I had always wanted to see them for myself).

Nearly two years later and we are also expecting our first babies (twins).

Apart from greying a bit, I honestly do not feel any older than when I was 18. So – don’t think it is the end of your life or anything – make of it what you want. 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Doomsday for me tomorrow, commiserations welcome’ is closed to new replies.