Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Don't you just love it when things start working
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Things that have never worked before that is

Struggling at work for a week configuring some communication software between two badly-documented niche bits of kit. Finally got the checkboxes/parameters cosmically aligned this morning and BOOM! We have lift-off 😀

What have you worked on that gave you a sense of achievement when it started working

maccruiskeen

and BOOM!

I like it less when things stop working – like when the earth clamp pings off the workpiece and 45amps from the plasma cutter goes through the PC controlling it. And there was me with impending deadlines thinking I wasn’t going to get much time off this week 🙂

Just saying so that you know that the cosmic balance has been maintained!

RustySpanner

The bloke in suite 5.

He’s going home soon, to the wife who was pregnant when he acquired his injury and the 3 year old daughter he’s never lived with.

Love this job sometimes.
    🙂

OTOH, the water geyser in the club hut has just packed up – I’m reduced to having to walk across the dining room to the emergency kettle.

stumpy01

Trying to get some simple geometry to pattern in Pro/E (3D CAD) and it just will not work. You change this and that, getting more & more creative…you go back to basics….you save, close everything & start it all again…..then you change one dimension by a small amount (perhaps 0.1mm) out of sheer desperation and BAM! it works. No rhyme or reason…..you explain it to someone who has more experience with it and the response will almost always be ‘ah, that’s just Pro/E’….

scaled
    Free Member

Struggling at work for a week configuring some communication software between two badly-documented niche bits of kit. Finally got the checkboxes/parameters cosmically aligned this morning and BOOM! We have lift-off

Stop gloating and DOCUMENT IT NOW!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Don't you just love it when things start working’ is closed to new replies.