Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Dont turn it on , Madeleys back.
  • zippykona

Noooooooooooooo.

fadda

I’m right with you!

Switched on this morning and took approximately 4 nano seconds to hit the 5 live button…

tracknicko
    Free Member

even the dog wont listen to it. he’s on bbc parliment now.

bruneep

Yup switching off now

Why do they persist with him, he’s awful.

Almost as bad as fatty Feltz before him.

And lord help us when Liza Tarbuck gets a stand in slot.

zippykona

There are so many good DJs out there. Just because they haven’t been on telly doesn’t mean they shouldn’t use them.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I have the same problem with Richard Bacon.

RustySpanner

And lord help us when Liza Tarbuck gets a stand in slot.

She’s funny on Just A Minute, how awful can she be on the Radio?

Madeley, Moyles, Nicky Campbell and Richard Bacon – I despise each and every one of them, but especially Bacon:
    Never has a man revelled in and proffited from his own crass ignorance and stupidity quite so much. Honestly, I’ve met more intelligent dalmations.

Harry_the_Spider

You wouldn’t want Liza Tarbuck in your slot. She’s got fingers like bananas. 😯

zippykona

Anyone suffered the car crash that is Anneka Rice on Saturday? There is no way these people get the job on merit.

DezB
    Free Member

Seriously, what are you expecting from Radio 2?

Is there anyone on it that isn’t an irritating twunt?

All I’ve heard when MrsDezB has it on:
    Chris Evans – twunt
    Graham Norton – irritating
    Steve Wright – twunt and destroyer of radio as we knew it
    Terry Wogan – irritating & senile
    Elaine Page – er.. and her stand in Barbara Windsor.. why?!
    Lily Savage – irritating
    I guess there’s always Dale Winton..!

willard

You chaps need to starting listening to the Home Service Radio 4. Current affairs may not be your normal cup of tea, but the team of Naughtie, Evans, Webb, Humphries and Montague are a reliable and constant source of news, comment and insightful debate.

They also got to call the hulture secretary a c***. Chris Evans would never be able to do that.

smudge
    Free Member

switched onto 6 music for the first time this morning.. been on for 3 hrs now and still listening to it if thats anything to go by 8)

10pmix
    Free Member

6 Music is the ONLY station. It just plays good music all day long. Everything from bluegrass to punk to indie to soul. It’s all top notch.

Sean Keavney is bloody annoying though…

Liza Tarbuck is great on the radio I think but there you go. Richard Madeley is truly appalling.

yunki
    Free Member

radio 2 is the only thing worth listening to on the beeb IMO

Burls72
    Free Member

I’ve always thought they get an awful stand in deliberately. That way you’ll be glad when they get back. They have to justify their huge pay packets somehow!

RustySpanner

Big R4 fan, but ‘Today’ gets turned over at 7.50 before ‘Though for the day’, unless it’s Lionel Blue.

Can’t get R6 in the car, can’t stand Mayo, Bacon et el.
    Chris Evans isn’t that bad, surprisingly.
    Moira Stuart makes it and the music is ok.

Back to R4 at 9 and that’s where it stays apart from sport, Popmaster, Fighting Talk & Danny Baker.

R6 & 4 Extra at home.

I love good radio.

Flaperon

Don’t mind Chris Evans and Simon Mayo is great. Used to loathe Ken Bruce but now appreciate him. Graham Norton has the fascinating ability to be brilliant on the TV and crap on the radio.

Elaine Paige, Richard Madely, Steve Wright and Vanessa Feltz will be first against the wall etc…

Scrap ’em all, put Sally Traffic in charge, I say.

zippykona

Love 6 but its not really suitable for my shop. As a plan b I tune into absolute 60s or 70s but as they only have a limited play list can only put up with them for 2 hours max. That and the blood in your poo advert.

MrOvershoot

I’m convinced Steve Coogan based Alan Partridge on Richard Madeley.

I used to think Chris Evans was a right bell end in his early days but he’s grown up a bit and I find him just perfect for the morning drive, Madeley on the other hand is a knob jockey.

On the plus side I have been playing random CD’s and re discovered what a great album Different Class by Pulp is (IMO of course)

johnnystorm

Madeley is one thing, I can grin & bear him. It’s when he lets Fiona Phillips talk. Dear God, she is immensely stupid.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I like RM, but then im not 12 years old!!

binners

MrOvershoot – I know what you mean. I’m convinced Richard Madeley is actually a fictional comedy creation, a la Partridge. I keep expecting the actor behind it to reveal himself in a Sunday paper piece, and express disbelief that anyone ever took it seriously

10pmix
    Free Member

Fiona Phillips!! I am genuinely fascinated by how appalling she is on both TV and Radio. Please, someone who appreciates her tell me why, I’m keen to learn….

MrOvershoot

binners – Member
    MrOvershoot – I know what you mean. I’m convinced Richard Madeley is actually a fictional comedy creation, a la Partridge. I keep expecting the actor behind it to reveal himself in a Sunday paper piece, and express disbelief that anyone ever took it seriously

I listened for 1 trip last time he was sitting in for CE & was expecting any moment for him to go off on one about farmers

“If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.”

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Dont turn it on , Madeleys back.’ is closed to new replies.