Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Don't know if this is news on here but………..
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Boardman appear to be launching a full carbon HT with hidden cables and other spangly bits in their 2011 range.

A pic can be found HERE if you’re interested

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Hmm, not bad, but it isn’t going to be the normal £999 to fit in with most company C2W schemes!

bol

I’m guessing that isn’t the angle they’ll use for the catalogue shot. The word munter springs to mind.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

That looks very nice… but i’m a bike snob and wouldn’t ride a boardman ergo its nasty

RealMan
    Free Member

Looks awesome, but again, I’d get it resprayed or cover up the stickers so no one knew.

steve_b77
    Free Member

What a bunch of snobs bet you wouldn’t drive a VW either when there’s an Audi on offer

chvck
    Free Member

I think I want that!

Basil

Boardman bikes are fantastic.
    The last two years I have had a pro on the cycle to work scheme.
    Ebayed the frame (never got less than £200 ho ho)and bolted all the components to a frame I want to ride!

Garry_Lager

You cannot polish a turd.

You can roll it in gold paint, though, by the looks of things.

R.lepecha

i think some one liked it that much they threw up on the floor.

chvck
    Free Member

🙄

njee20
    Free Member

I think it looks great, and a retail of £1200 is being banded about, which considering the X.0 groupset is stonking.

Reluctant
    Free Member

It’s a poor quality picture – groupset looks like X3 to me 😆 It mings!

Kato

I like that

Northwind

Garry_Lager – Member

“You cannot polish a turd.”

You can however identify that a bike’s a turd by seeing a photo of it on the internet. Apparently.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What a bunch of blinkered snobs we have in the forum tonight

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If ngee is right, that is a great bargain.

jimmy

i heard C2W is goinjg up to £2k next year. For one company anyway, dunno if they can set their own limit.

Basil

It can go up as much as it wants. 25% final valuation fee kills it for me.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

ffs cant they put decent tyres on boardmans????

mountain kigns are changing next year anyway so i doubt we will see production models of that with those tyres. The usual choice of speed kings (good tyre bad choice) would make more sense on an ultra light bike. You could knock a few hundred grams off there and make it silly light.

Northwind

jimmy – Member

“i heard C2W is goinjg up to £2k next year. For one company anyway, dunno if they can set their own limit.”

C2W is complicated, as I understand it there’s no limit, just that most companies impose £1000 as above that you need a consumer credit licence. Could be wrong though.

brakes
    Free Member

That looks very nice

+1

… but I’m I have taste a bike snob and wouldn’t ride a boardman ergo its nasty

+1

it’s not snobbery, it’s taste and choice

edhornby

the back end of it looks a lot like the carbon 456

Chris Boardman was riding unbadged road models on the tour de France coverage on itv4 this year, and they looked pretty smart, I bet this will be a sorted bike.

the fact that it’s totally un-niche makes it good in my eyes, more people riding better bikes, how can this not be a good thing – all you that don’t like it can take yer ugly jones’ and stuff em up yer arses

timc
    Free Member

Looks nice i think!

RustySpanner

bakes, please explain why a Boardman isn’t ‘tasteful’, without any recourse to snobbery.

Bet you can’t 🙂

Evening Ed, post up a picture of your new road bike, quite like the sound of one of those frames.

user-removed
    Free Member

yesiamtom – Member
    ffs cant they put decent tyres on boardmans????

mountain kigns are changing next year anyway so i doubt we will see production models of that with those tyres. The usual choice of speed kings (good tyre bad choice) would make more sense on an ultra light bike. You could knock a few hundred grams off there and make it silly light.

The second I bought a Boardman, I changed the pedals, tyres, stem and bars. I also added a saddlebag full of tools and (more recently) a DX Bastid light. It’s now a fair way heavier than it could be, but also much comfier and more practical. But then, it’s not made of carbon 🙂

bol

I like Boardmans – they’re great value, well designed and bring decent bikes to a wider audience. I even think most of them look quite nice. I just think that from the one phone-photo I’ve seen so far the frame looks a bit clumsy.

I wonder how we would all think about Boardman if instead of doing an exclusivity deal with Halfords to get the volume and keep the price low, they had set up as an internet-only brand? My guess is that quite a few people on here would be wearing their t-shirts.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wonder how we would all think about Boardman if instead of doing an exclusivity deal with Halfords to get the volume and keep the price low, they had set up as an internet-only brand? My guess is that quite a few people on here would be wearing their t-shirts.

It’s a good point, and well made.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If that sells at £1200 then there will be plenty of the frames on e-bay as they get stripped for the bits

whytetrash

wonder what the road bike will be like too….bit of deep section carbon rim top right of pic!

MTB Doesn’t look too bad I reckon…be a great donor bike anyway 😉

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Don't know if this is news on here but………..’ is closed to new replies.