Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dont hurt me! But, these adjustable seat post things…
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

…i think im going to end up needing one as my legs are really long and my frames quite small and the seat tube is microscopic.

Due to the current financial situation i cant quite justify a new frame so my FXR 4X is being pressed in to service as a trail bike (its basically an FXR with a smaller seat tower. However the seat tube is about 4" long and interrupted by the shock so with a post long enough to pedal sat down i cant drop it enough for the down hills for my liking.

Its a 27.2mm post too which i think limits me. Ive heard passing talk about unreliability blah blah blah but not really paid any attention.

So whats the crack, what adjustable post effort is flavour of the month?

Ta

steve_b77
    Free Member

I think you'll have to get a Gravity Dropper as that's the only one available in 27.2mm

atlaz
    Free Member

That cheap one comes in a 27.2. Mine cost me about 40 quid from France. The 850i?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

That sounds like it makes this too simple…

…what is the catch?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You get what you pay for. Have a search on here for anecdotes about reliability

GaryLake
    Free Member

I found the i850 terrible – you need to sit right on the nose to get it to drop and my 12st frame struggles to get it to go down anyway – add a bit fo grit and water and it's now an extra 1lb of bike weight doing nothing. I've donated mine to Brant for research…

BigDummy
    Free Member

You used to be able to get straightforward telescopic posts which aren't all fancy and expensive to cure the problem you describe. Titec still make that "scoper" thing, but I suspect it isn't done in 27.2mm.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I love my GD remote. Been running it for a couple of years now and it's been pretty much faultless. It started to get sticky at the start of the year but it's easy to clean and re-grease the mechanism.
    There is a very slight bit of play between the top and bottom halves but this isn't felt when riding. All 5 GD users in our group have the same issue so it seems to be a trait of the GD.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dont hurt me! But, these adjustable seat post things…’ is closed to new replies.