Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Don't hold your breath for a Turner eBike then – Dave lets rip on Pinkbike
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And that is partly why accident rates go up.

Welcome to the brave new world, you can thank bike journalists for ushering in the precursor to the motorist style regulation of cyclists – despite the vast majority of users on pinkbike, mtbr, nsmb etc who **** hate them.

Ya’ll better get used to having number plates on your bikes. Compared to the prevailing opinions in the journo world – I was right about 650b+, I was right about 29ers, I’ll put 10 quid on being right about e-bikes as well.

Remember folks, when forming an opinion of how humans (ie the public) will react – it’s the lowest common denominator that wins.

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s like carving knives all over again. When they came out everyone was like “lazy yobs are gonna stab people instead of cutting up roast chicken, better ban them” but they didn’t get banned and now chefs are out of business and we’re all dead. Sames happenin’ with ebikes.

simondbarnes

🙂 @ thepodge

stewartc
    Free Member

If I were to meet an ebike rider out on the trial, and the trail was designated as a non-ebike trail, how could I easily disable said motor?

Just curious.

somafunk

Stick your head in the front wheel in an act of hari-kari perhaps?

mickmcd
    Free Member

It’s like carving knives all over again. When they came out

in 1852? not so sure on this one

TooTall
    Free Member

Mr Turner should get back to operating his bike company. I’d have bought a Sultan from him when I snapped mine earlier this year. Unfortunately he’s phased out the old model and doesn’t even have the new one in production yes and it doesn’t look remotely soon either. I’ll buy from someone else then.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I suspect Mr Turner is just creating column click bait controversy to promote his bike brand..

nowthen
    Free Member

Im thinking about getting one. Been late 30s, running a large business and having 3 kids doesnt leave a lot of time for training – the few hours a week I get to ride, I would prefer to be able to go further in to the wilderness than my fitness will allow. An ebike in this situation seems ideal… maybe that makes me lazy…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It does.

As a child, I just got dragged along on the training rides. 😀

cookeaa

This is the problem in the States:
    [video]https://youtu.be/cOnyYcDl7WQ[/video]
    Millenials with a kickstarter page…

In the UK we have these:
    [video]https://youtu.be/HIhfwjWuj-I[/video]
    Lazy biffers who want a cheap unregistered motorcycle…

The next Charlie Alliston will probably be on a DIY e-bike…

But I don’t think they’re a problem off-road, the only one’s I’ve seen on the trails have been legal ped-elecs which aside from some gentle cheating on the climbs are not the menace people seem to imagine…

The problems will manefest on the road…

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Don't hold your breath for a Turner eBike then – Dave lets rip on Pinkbike’ is closed to new replies.