Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • *Dons tin foil hat*
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Wake up sheeple!

cynic-al
    Free Member

That guy Don must have one special tin-foil hat.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some nutter who actually believes these theories will be along shortly, you wait and see………..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Directional HiFi cables work…

bigyinn
    Free Member

There wasn’t a bomb threat in London yesterday, Sarah Fergusson had escaped into the London Sewers…..

grum
    Free Member

I don’t have a tin foil hat but I believe the JFK conspiracy, as do some people who’ve actually looked at the evidence:

In 1979, the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) found both the original FBI investigation and the Warren Commission Report to be seriously flawed. The HSCA also concluded that there were at least four shots fired and that it was probable that a conspiracy existed.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Now then, now then. Keep it “sensible”…

grum
    Free Member

Sorry Woppit, of course everything is exactly as described in the official version of events isn’t it (bit like being religious – blind faith). See the Iraq War for a good example of this.

The falsification of the Gulf of Tonkin incident is a better one than some in the list I would say – used to justify the escalation of conflict in Vietnam.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/10/31/MNG99FGN521.DTL

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It’s interesting how everything gets lumped together. So just because the theories about Roswell or the moon landing are far-fetched, it also means that JFK’s murder is equally so.

At the other end of the spectrum from the tinfoil hat folk are the people who happily believe everything that they are told to believe without ever stopping to question it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Do I have to wear a tinfoil hat if I have one of these?

Can’t see why reflecting brain scanners cannot be just one of the many things they 100%, absolutely and positively, do.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

At the other end of the spectrum from the tinfoil hat folk are the people who happily believe everything that they are told to believe without ever stopping to question it.

And standing some way away are those of us that really don’t give a rat’s ass, but find it endlessly amusing poking those that do with a stick every now and then and watching them go into orbit over something that really, really does not matter at all…. 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sorry Woppit, of course everything is exactly as described in the official version of events isn’t it

Nope.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Mind you, I did see a documentary some years ago that dealt with the JFK conspiracy theories and managed to demolish each and every one of them convincingly.

For instance, the idea that the Mannlicher-Carcano hunting rifle was somehow not up to the job and couldn’t have got off all the shots in the time allotted (visually implied in Oliver Stone’s amusing film).

In actual fact, it was an extremely mechanically efficient weapon in the hands of a trained ex-marine…

toys19
    Free Member

grum – Member
    I don’t have a tin foil hat but I believe the JFK conspiracy, as do some people who’ve actually looked at the evidence:

In 1979, the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) found both the original FBI investigation and the Warren Commission Report to be seriously flawed. The HSCA also concluded that there were at least four shots fired and that it was probable that a conspiracy existed.

I do not think selective quoting makes your case grum, as in the same article, the sentence after your quote is this :

However, later studies, including one by the National Academy of Sciences, have called into question the accuracy of the evidence used by the HSCA to support its finding of four shots.

Who to believe hey?

D28boy
    Free Member

I also saw a documentary where a trained marksman was unable to recreate the shooting sequence with the required accuracy in the specified timescale…..Emmmmm. Just goes to show that you can prove anything you want if you’re selcetive enough.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

And standing some way away are those of us that really don’t give a rat’s ass,

Yes; I should have mentioned the selfish and the apathetic.

grum
    Free Member

I do not think selective quoting makes your case grum, as in the same article, the sentence after your quote is this :

Umm, all I said was that some people who’ve looked at the evidence think there was probably a conspiracy. The next sentence doesn’t make that any less true. I was assuming people would actually have read the article anyway, so it’s not exactly a conspiracy on my part. 😛

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah yeah back pedal now you’ve been caught out. 😆

Anyway I wouldn’t have any trouble thinking/.believing there was something dodgy about it, there were all kinds of interested parties. Just no evidence..

If you want to have a bit of fun regarding US conspiracies read James Ellroy’s Underworld USA trilogy. He does JFK, MLK, RFK, Bay of Pigs, Vietnam and a whole host of other stuff, quite convincingly too.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve read the first part, American Tabloid. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of it isn’t far from the truth tbh (dons tinfoil hat after all).

phiiiiil

I thought Red Dwarf cleared up the whole JFK thing a few years ago?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He was shot by John Dillinger’s landlord, apparently (literary reference).

donsimon
    Free Member

*Dons tin foil hat*

Not mine.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘*Dons tin foil hat*’ is closed to new replies.