• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Watty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Donkey jackets, flat caps and proper motorbikes.
  • zippykona

The swarf coming from the lathe had me ducking for cover though.
    [video]https://youtu.be/bY2jvzAWR2k[/video]
    Some dubious sounding 2 strokes as well.

markrh
    Free Member

Enjoyed that. Did a few mtb races at Hawkstone Park back in the day 🙂

giantalkali
    Free Member

3:14 classic workshop smut wall

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

That whole wall of grumble!
    Also, equal ops for the salesman too, I have to say on first impressions, I wasn’t convinced he had much of a twinkle in his eye, then they said he was paralyzed…….

drnosh
    Free Member

Great.

Used to go to Lydden Circuit to watch scrambling.

At 0.25, is that ‘Clarkes’ (?) workshop in Wymondham, Norfolk ?

Think they recently shut selling used bikes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This is more my era.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Saw that a few weeks ago & it brought back some memories from the 60’s for me!
    We lived near a track just outside Durham City & remember the meetings there (i’m sure it was on Grandstand at some point) No track now of course but the whole area is still known as ‘The Scrambles’.

JAG

Great – nice old fashioned workshop. Lot’s of great old 2-stroke motorbikes too.

No PPE (other than the coats) and a wall full of smutty pictures 😆

Reminds me of being an Apprentice 30 years ago 8)

slowoldman

Eh, those were the days. Saturday afternoon, Grandstand on the telly. Big John Banks, Arthur Lampkin.

smokey_jo

To find zippy, really enjoyed that, brought back memories of 6 of us traveling to Hawkstone in the back of a transit to watch Dave Thorpe in the 80’s. Always preferred the classic races though and loved walking round the pits

finishthat
    Free Member

The factory was Greeves motorcycles they made great scrambles and road machines with the trademark alloy front beam .
    Derry Preston-Cobb was the sales man and much more he was Bert Greeves cousin and had specially tuned engines in his scooter and got up to all kinds of trouble , the firm went on to make the invacar.

slackalice
    Free Member

That was fun, thanks OP. Used to go to Matchams near Ringwood in that era, can you smell the Castro R?! Also remember going to watch the local lad on his Maico, Graham Noyce.

Poopscoop

Just googled the Invacar. Interesting history and didn’t realise that was their name even after seeing them on the road for all those years!

Only dawned on me that I hadn’t seen them in years whilst googling too.

Apparently banned 2003.

Watty

Marvellous.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Donkey jackets, flat caps and proper motorbikes.’ is closed to new replies.