Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dolgellau Cycling
  • adam1330
    Free Member

Heading to Wales in a couple of weeks, going Friday, coming back Sunday, so will have a couple of hours Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and a couple of hours Sunday morning in which to ride. Saturday will be spent at CYB, but not sure what is best to ride on the Fri pm and Sun am, and was after some suggestions?

Was initially thinking of doing one of the short red runs at CYB on the Fri, then maybe heading out and doing one of the Dyfi Mach routes on the Sun am, but wondered if there were any better alternatives? Has to be reasonably close to base in Dolgellau as we have to head back there on Sunday before leaving for home.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

ClimachX is very close to Dolly. The final segments are excellent and you can easily just ride those bits, especially the last segment, and miss out the rest.

soobalias
    Free Member

it doesnt fit with your plan, but i would do a short route @ CyB Friday, The Beast Saturday then Cli-Machx on Sunday….

the drive to mach and back on sunday may make that less appealing – but i would happily end the weekends riding on the Dyfi trails.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Pont Scethin would get my vote. I’d start/finish in Barmouth which does mean a climb to start but also means ice cream at the end 😉

timnwild

Penmachno less than 30 mins drive, and awesome, and maintained by volunteers, so go do it. Specially since it’s been drier…

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Cadair Idris if you fancy putting the mountain into mountain biking.

http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/cadair-idris/

ThePinkster

How about a quick ride up and down Cadair Idris on Sunday?

ThePinkster

Damn, beaten to it while trying to find a decent rout map.

alexpalacefan

Night ride at CYB on Friday? Has the further advantage of keeping you out of the pub, so fresh for Saturday.

APF

adam1330
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll have a think!

shanta
    Free Member

+1 Penmach

kendonagasaki

We’ve just spent a weekend at Dolgellau and rode the Temtiwr trail on Friday afternoon at Coed y Brenin. We drove down to Nant yr Arian for the Syfydrin trail, which was well worth the effort of the drive and then back to Coedy on Sunday for a ride around the Tarw.
    A great weekends riding with great company. 😀

andycs

Depends where you are traveling from but last weekend we did The Marin trail on Friday on the way to CYB.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dolgellau Cycling’ is closed to new replies.