Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Dolan pre-cursa or FXE for commuting
  • Garry_Lager

Had my pompino stolen last night, unfortunately, so a new commuter is needed. Always felt the large pomp fitted me perfectly, so the easy thing to do would be just to get another one. That being said, a change would be nice, so what are the Dolan bikes like for commuting? Probably look at the FXE with the mudguard mounts.

I like aluminium bikes, but not sure how durable they would be for the bishing and boshing of commuting. It was good to know you could lash the pomp into the bike shed along with hundreds of other bikes, and that a scratch would be completely meaningless.

scratch
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a few years on the commute, its a 56 and tbh I need a 54 but I picked it up cheap second hand. I have their winter trainer as well, both are great bikes, I wouldnt hesitate to replace either for what I use them for. Functional but the ride and angles feel great.

It may take a dent slightly easier being ali, there’s only a few of us who ride to the office to it’s not got loads of stuff leaned on it.

kerley
    Free Member

I find the pre cursa durable (use it off road so it gets a lot of knocks from big stones) but don’t leave it up against other bikes.
    It also won’t rust when it does get scratched and the chain stays won’t put out rusty water when bike tipped up (something that happened when I had a pompino)

The pre cursa is a livelier ride/less comfotable than the pompino in my experience.

tomaso
    Free Member

Not a Dolan but my aluminium Langster is nearly 10 years old and as a commuter hack it takes some crap. No cracks but a few flakey alloy crusts by the brake bridge and drop out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dolan pre-cursa or FXE for commuting’ is closed to new replies.