Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Doing all those illegal jobs today………….
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

Mrs ChrisE is back to work today but I am still off for today at least. That gives me a full day to do all those illegal jobs I’d never get a chance to do. So the tyres are in the washing machine to soften them up (40 degrees makes them fab), cassette and chain is in the dishwasher and I am scrubbing up the wheels in the kitchen sink.

tee-hee!

C

stumpy01

😀

lucien

This won’t end well……

zippykona

Be warned, they know. I don’t know how they know they just do.

shikarichaos
    Free Member

Ahahahaha amazing! I thought the washing machine thing was a joke until I saw my mate actually do it!!
    Make sure you clean up good 😉

Does the dishwasher clean cassettes properly?

Sounds like a good idea if they do.

luffy105
    Free Member

why do you put the tyres in a washing machine??

MoreCashThanDash

Always wondered if the dishwasher thing was for real? What bits will it clean? Presumably you don’t use the salt?

faustus

Wow, tyres in a washing machine blows my mind. Don’t quite understand putting a cassette in the dishwasher though, as you can just put it in a bath of white spirit for the same effect and don’t risk being busted.

Also, isn’t it being a bit wasteful putting the washing machine on for some tyres!? Fair play to you though, it’s always nice to do naughty things when the other half is away!

soobalias
    Free Member

cross posted to mumsnet – ewes fubar’d

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t the tyres just harden again when they cool down?

faz083
    Free Member

Never put tyres in the washer. Thats a grand idea!

Drac

it’s always nice to do naughty things when the other half is away!

On the scale of naughty things to do when the wife it out, putting tyres unnecessarily in the washing machine won’t even make the list.

enfht
    Free Member

Don’t fall asleep wearing her undies and makeup is all I’m saying.

cookeaa

I’ve put a chain and Cassette in the dishwasher when she wasn’t looking before, comes out lovely and clean, just had to dry/lube em before the rust set in…

Tyres in the washing machine is a new one on me though, does it work? do they seat any better? Bio or Non-bio?

cookeaa

Actually, thinking about it, would dunking the tyres in a bucket of warm/hot water not achieve pretty much the same result as a 40 degree rinse cycle, and avoid some potential friction with the senior management?

jekkyl

so the wife’s at work and you’re not and the best thing you can think of to do is washing some bike bits… ?!
    I’d be out on an all dayer on 2 wheels before she even left for work!

smiffy

I’m a tyres in the washing machine man, with soda though, I very rarely use detergent powder for anything except jeans and towels, and I think that’s just habit.

grum
    Free Member

Why do people put tyres in the washing machine? 😕

Tiger6791

I put the tyres in the Dishwasher

&

The Chain & Cassette in the Washing Machine

Everything is fecked 😯

cloudnine
    Free Member

Do you use conditioner so they come out all soft?

kimbers

Chris is that you where are the kids
    They’ll grass you up !

scandalous
    Free Member

working (largely) from home means that between the hours of 0840hrs and 1529hrs the kitchen often resembles a work shop!

mav12
    Free Member

brooks saddle in the slow cooker full of oil 😉

Steve77
    Free Member

What does the washing machine do to the tyres? Is this about cleaning the dog poo off?

ChrisE
    Free Member

The tyres come out so clean and soft even when they cool down. The tubeless ones are then so easy to get on and seal so very well.

Yesterday was out all day round the 3 Peaks

As for kids – no thanks!

C

plyphon
    Free Member

Instructions unclear: Wife in the washing machine.

xiphon
    Free Member

I used to annually strip down a set of M4 brakes and run them through the dishwasher (in the little mesh bag you get for tablets).

Came out sparkling and clean – and always worked perfectly after new seals and bleed.

oldboy
    Free Member

Try stove-enameling parts in the kitchen oven if you want a really serious relationship issue 🙂

ChrisE
    Free Member

you should try the tyres in washing machine thing. it is very good (do I sound like Shane Ritchie?)

C

tmb467
    Free Member

Presumably that works best for folding tyres

Can’t see me getting away with some wired ones in our washer

parkesie
    Free Member

I was given instructions to get rid of the old washing machine today

image by Parkesiemtb, on Flickr

gwaelod
    Free Member

Can you put a chain and cassette in the dishwasher when you are doing a load of dishes, or does it need to be a seperate bike components load?

#justaskingforafriend

daveagiles
    Free Member

Can you put a tyre in the washing machine when you are doing a load of your wife’s undies, or does it need to be a seperate bike components load?

hatter

Are there any firms of divorce lawyers that I can buy shares in? This thread should keep them in clover for years.

honourablegeorge

daveagiles – Member
    Can you put a tyre in the washing machine when you are doing a load of your wife’s undies, or does it need to be a seperate bike components load?

It’s fine, just remember to separate your whites from your anodiseds

gwaelod
    Free Member

I reckon it might get a bit difficult to seat a tubeless into the rim if theres a bit of thong stuck in there.

🙄

honourablegeorge

gwaelod – Member

I reckon it might get a bit difficult to seat a tubeless into the rim if theres a bit of thong stuck in there.

Should be fine as long as it’s sitting nicely in the groove by the rim.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Surely her undies are a component for the bike?
    Depends how often you ride her though……
    Never had issues getting seated nicely into that groove by the rim :

takisawa2

Tonight’s episode of Miranda kept the Wife & children entertained while evidence of this afternoons Cannock Chase mudfest was rinsed out of my riding garb in the shower. 😉

And, I’ve washed plenty of bike stuff in the dishwasher, along with the crocs.
    Just don’t wash Hone cranks. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Doing all those illegal jobs today………….’ is closed to new replies.