• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Doh! just serviced my forks and have a bit left over (I think) Help please!
  • oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

2012 revelation SL ti’s converted to coils. (sektor fixed length spring if it matters)

I did a full lowers service, new seals, firm spring, and changed the damping oil.

Forks work great, was really pleased with myself until I found this on the drive….

Kind of hoping its nothing to do with my suspension and its a coincidence that its on my drive…

What is it, and where does it go?

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

its a small plastic ring, with 3 small recesses on each side.

creamegg
    Free Member

Looks similar to something in my fox forks. Goes in the lowers before you slide stanchions in

jam-bo

All travel spacer isn’t it? Your forks probably have 10mm more travel than they did before.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

It’s what creamegg said

rc200f8
    Free Member

Just been servicing my Fox 32’s & they have a similar looking rubber ring that sits in the bottom of each of the lower legs – looks like you’ve left out one of the bottom out bumpers – Doh!!!

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

So if I pull the lowers off again, one leg will have one in the bottom… And the other wont….

Ill go and sort it!

Good job I got plenty of lowers oil.

Thanks guys!

rickon
    Free Member

Turn the bike upside down, and pull the lowers off slowly. You’ll not lose oil and can pop the bump stop in.

Win win.

Scapegoat

rickon – Member
    Turn the bike upside down, and pull the lowers off slowly. You’ll not lose oil and can pop the bump stop in.

Win win.
    Surely the fork would have to be horizontal to do that, and how would the OP refit the bumper? For the sake of 5 or so ml of oil!?

jam-bo

You can take the lowers off and not lose oil if you do it with the forks horizontal.

Still think its an all travel spacer.

LoCo
    Free Member

Looks to be a bump stop, but picture not that clear on the phone, best remove lowers, drain, put back in lower legs and repube as less faff than trying to save the oil.

unklehomered
    Free Member

What loco said. (not surprisingly)

Drac

Yup what Loco said.

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Thanks loco was hoping you’d post. I’ll get it sorted in the morning. must have fell out whilst I was cleaning them.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Loco you put pubes in your forks? TF here I come 😉

DickBarton

Not only that, they are re-pubes…so have they been shaved and then allowed to grow back??? Surely they would be more spikey on the next growth??? Will that not increase stiction?

LoCo
    Free Member

😳 blooming phone! 😉

andyl
    Free Member

definitely a bump stop.

make sure you get it in flat and the shaft goes through it and it doesnt fold up in the bottom of the leg.

coatesy
    Free Member

Even worse, they’re ginger pubes he’s using.

LoCo
    Free Member

😈

coatesy
    Free Member

S’pose it’s better than sheperds pie coating 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Hahahaha, 😛

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Doh! just serviced my forks and have a bit left over (I think) Help please!’ is closed to new replies.