Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)
  • Dogs on beaches – yuck
  • akysurf
    Free Member

The forcast is in the upper twenties^C all week. Unfortunately 1st Oct is looming when the dogs get their season tickets to pi$$ and crap all over our beaches.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You must be utterly terrified at the prospect.

Ah well. At least it’ll all be washed away on the next tide, eh?

Or just wait until it dries and hardens, then get yer golf clubs out.

FORE!

andyl
    Free Member

Can’t wait to be able to use the full beach at with the dog.

As a responsible dog owner I pick up my dogs poo on the beach but thanks for tarnishing us all with the same brush 🙄

Now if only other people without dogs would stop dropping litter on the beaches and if only the water wasn’t contaminated with human faecal matter….

Drac

Luckily I live in a civalises county where dogs are allowed all year around. Some local toffs tried to get such restrictions brought in one beach until it was pointed out visitor levels would drop. Most dog owners clear up after their dog so it’s barely an issue.

TooTall
    Free Member

akysurf – you do know that fish do their wee and poo and even have SEX in sea water as well don’t you?

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!

HermanShake
    Free Member

Put a tree on it so they can hang their beloved pooch’s turds among the branches.

Murray

Not as bad as artists

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Very surprising! Especially as he had two loos.

Nobby

Do let me know which of the beaches in Cambs you use & I’ll be sure to keep the dog away from them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Very surprising! Especially as he had two loos.

Ho-De-Ho!

Cougar

Wait,

Fish have sex? 😯

rocketman
    Free Member

Unfortunately 1st Oct is looming when the dogs get their season

Sadly that’s a meaningless date IME. Spent two lovely weeks in Cornwall this summer near a beach with huge signs ‘No dogs’ ‘£1000 fine’ etc so what did we get every day? Yes responsible dog owners with their stupid barking mutts running all over the beach every day. The only exception was when the local council dog welfare van was in the car park and then literally within seconds of it driving off the frickin’ dogs and their dumb owners appeared.

A lot of dog owners have the misconception that everybody wants their dog running at them and jumping up etc., which is not the case. I don’t dislike dogs, but I don’t want to roll around on the floor with them either. I don’t let my kids run up to people and annoy them, and neither do I ride up to dog owners and expect them to be in awe of my bike just because it’s something that I have an interest in.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sadly that’s a meaningless date IME.

Not on the beach we use…. but then it does have more of a full time beach patrol.
    Our dogs loves the beach (much like you love riding trails) but I don’t mind the may-oct ban. Needless to say we still pick up out of season as nobody likes stepping in poo regardless of what animal/bird it came out of.

frickin’ dogs and their dumb owners

Sounds like a cat lover!

Del

I don’t let my kids run up to people and annoy them

excellent. then i’m sure you can sympathise with those of us who do our best to prevent our dogs doing the same. other people’s kids sure irritate me on occaision…

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting. A couple of places we go on holiday (Porthcawl, Tenby) they have beaches which dogs are banned from and ones where they’re allowed. We normally go to the beaches where dogs are allowed, and it doesn’t seem to be a problem – maybe dog owners in SW Wales aren’t ignorant and selfish.

Before anybody thinks I’m just another dog lover – actually I’m not all that keen.

andyl
    Free Member

Quite a lot of people irritate me by just being on the beach while I’m trying to have a nice walk with the dog!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A lot of dog owners have the misconception that everybody wants their dog running at them and jumping up etc., which is not the case. I don’t dislike dogs, but I don’t want to roll around on the floor with them either. I don’t let my kids run up to people and annoy them, and neither do I ride up to dog owners and expect them to be in awe of my bike just because it’s something that I have an interest in.

I agree with this – we have an office dog (that I never wanted and only agreed to under duress). The owner of the dog (my business partner) said it would be for a few months when it was a puppy. A year later it is still here, yelping, yapping, whining, jumping up, eating people’s bags and headphone cables. And it jumps up on me at every given opportunity and I HATE it. No matter how much you might love your dog, you should never have it in a situation where it can bother people that don’t want to be around them. And that includes wet dogs running up to you on beaches and shaking themselves all over you.

Bloody horrible animals.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Del – Member

“I don’t let my kids run up to people and annoy them”

excellent. then i’m sure you can sympathise with those of us who do our best to prevent our dogs doing the same.

Its not about doing your best – its about stopping it happening. If your dog is not well trained enough to not be a pest to others then keep it on a lead – simples

Keef
    Free Member

best ban seagulls,horrible feckers,cacking all over the place,squawking at a zillion decibels,stealing peoples food,attacking people,etc,etc.
    we could have some council seagull wardens,yes,that’s what we could do.
    and as for bikes on beaches,well,there’s plenty of other places them bloody bicyclists can ride,and people who we don’t like the look of ? yes,ban ’em all.

especially from my back yard.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I don’t like children, can we ban everyone under 18 form beaches too while we’re at it?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i dont like ugly people, BAN THEM ALL! :mrgreen:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t like children either -but I have never had one run up to me and jump up into my face shouting or try to hump my leg

Keef
    Free Member

TJ,you’ve led a sheltered life……….

Cougar

It’s not about banning, is it. It’s about showing a bit of consideration for your fellow man outside of your own little bubble.

I was in ASDA yesterday and there was a bloke in one of the aisles who’d done that “gone to look at something interesting on the other side of the aisle, holding the trolley at arm’s length perpendicular to the shelves” thing, so that in one fell swoop he’d blocked off the entire aisle. I’d happily have stoved in his stupid ‘kin ignorant face with a tin of Heinz’ Baked Beans With Sausages, with a spring in my step and joy in my heart, but sometimes you just have to accept that we have to share space with each other and pretend to get along with these wastes of DNA.

philconsequence
    Free Member

TandemJeremy –
    I don’t like children either -but I have never had one run up to me and jump up into my face shouting or try to hump my leg

really? 😕

i’m a walking climbing frame in most kids minds it appears, and with legs as sexy as mine you get used to the odd humping.

trailmonkey

I don’t like children either

now that’s just plain odd. odd but sadly indicative of the uptight, funless, anally retentetive nation that we are.

any other aspects of humanity that you’d deem it acceptable to dislike ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why is it odd to not like children? there are a lot of us about out there

sharkbait
    Free Member

TJ,you’ve led a sheltered sad life……….

FTFY

passtherizla
    Free Member

🙄

philconsequence
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

best ban seagulls,horrible feckers,cacking all over the place,squawking at a zillion decibels,stealing peoples food,attacking people,etc,etc.

I think most councils try their best to be fair. Horrible creatures. Worse than dogs, I’ll accept that.

I was in ASDA yesterday and there was a bloke in one of the aisles who’d done that “gone to look at something interesting on the other side of the aisle, holding the trolley at arm’s length perpendicular to the shelves” thing, so that in one fell swoop he’d blocked off the entire aisle. I’d happily have stoved in his stupid ‘kin ignorant face with a tin of Heinz’ Baked Beans With Sausages, with a spring in my step and joy in my heart…

I am with you there Brother Cougar 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    It’s not about banning, is it. It’s about showing a bit of consideration for your fellow man outside of your own little bubble.

I was in ASDA yesterday….

I stopped reading at that point.

Try shopping at Waitrose in future and you will not suffer any of the ugliness that your story may have contained 😀

trailmonkey

Why is it odd to not like children?

cos it’s no different to saying that you don’t like cripples or jews.

philconsequence
    Free Member

cupra
    Free Member

It does hack me off a bit as a dog owner that we can walk the beach quite happily through all the cr*p winter weather but come the nicer weather all the folk who have been inside all winter that you haven’t seen on the beach form months suddently appear and the dogs are banned.

sharkbait
    Free Member

fd3chris
    Free Member

I would rather be on a beach that has dogs on it than spend one minute with people who dislike dogs.

sharkbait
    Free Member

all the folk who have been inside all winter that you haven’t seen on the beach form months suddently appear and the dogs are banned.

Actually seems OK to me as I don’t want to think that my dog is irritating anyone – not that we let her. Our beach is split in two half though… one with a summer ban and the other is open at all times, works very well.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would rather be on a beach that has dogs on it than spend one minute with people who dislike dogs.

But then you are a dog lover…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member

“Why is it odd to not like children?”

cos it’s no different to saying that you don’t like cripples or jews.

No its not. Nothing at all similar

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Dogs on beaches – yuck’ is closed to new replies.