Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dogs in trailers?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone do it and does it work? Do the dogs not just want to jump out of it?

sweepy
    Free Member

We’ve just started trials. First impression is that he would rather be out running, he might settle when tired but i’m buggered if im towing an empty trailer for 25 miles till that happens.

wwaswas

They’re was a report on my local paper this week.

Bloke took dog or in trailer for the first time and it jumped under the wheels of an hgv.

Strap them in seems to be the advice.

loddrik
    Free Member

Was thinking more of dog running but then in trailer when it gets tired. Haven’t even got the dog yet btw.

andyl
    Free Member

Used to see a guy at Ashton Court who trailered his dogs there and then chained up the trailer and took the dogs off around the trails.

I used to have to drive to the trails because doing a few miles across Bristol there with the dog on a lead was not practical so we got a trailer to likewise but ended up moving out of Bristol before we tried it.

Keep meaning to try it our down here but normally ride from the house. Now she is getting older I might start using it but I suspect she will hate it. Cat loves to sleep in it though.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

There’s a commuting chap I often meet who uses a Bob Yak type trailer with a little fabric cage for his cockerpoo. Off road the dog runs alongside but on the road he’s in the trailer. Seems to work well; he knows to stay in the trailer but with his head poking out, ears flappin’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dogs in trailers?’ is closed to new replies.