Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • dog trailers
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

anyone got one? i am after one that is quick release so i can detach and chain it up after the short road section between my house and the trails – rather than having to load the car up and drive there, or more so drive back again when were both full of shite.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Walk the dog. Push the bike?

wombat

Is it for the dog to pull or to ride in?

sweepy
    Free Member

We thought about a dog trailer, but I didn’t want to tow the thing empty for 25 miles to put the bugger in it for the last few when he got tired.

For short road sections we use a walky dog boom like this

quick release boom when you get there, holds the hound behind your front wheel on either side.

Its not perfect, the shock absorber is rubbish but easily improved with some shockcord and you need to do it up pretty tight or an enthusiastic dog can twist it round the seatpost, get an extra mounting if you think you might need it as on its own p&p is high.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

the road section is a few miles, so a round trip with him walking alongside wouldnt leave him with enough energy to do the off road stuff. tried it before, ended up carrying him home under my arm!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

might just tow it on a bit of rope round my waist fwiw…? dont really want any horrible attachments to by bike

northernmatt

Croozer do a doggy one. If it fits the same as the ones for kids it’s QR only and it’s easy to take on and off.

DaveP

I have one that we do not use. Used it about 3 times. Got it off amazon – http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008B01SYI?ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

Would sell it for £35 posted, email me if you are interested and I can send some pictures

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

sounds good Dave, but your name is not clickable for email info…?

my only concern is attaching to my bike, i have a 12mm maxle so that wouldnt work. you reckon just the strap bit attached to the chainstay would be ok? or just tow the thing on a rope? im only going along a straight road for a few miles…

myopic
    Free Member

DaveP – if Jaffejoffer isn’t interested, I would be. I’ll drop you an e-mail.

trambler

I’ve got a Burley Tailwagon which I picked up on Ebay. The dog loves it, gets in it before it’s coupled up or before the wheels are on if I don’t watch him. Great for the road and then throw him out when safe to do so. Always gets a few laughs and looks of surprise, especially from horrified parents who think a child is in it when it’s bouncing along.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

2nd hand littlelife kids backpack carrier, means the little fella can bark in your lug/drool on your neck, whenever he feels the need!.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘dog trailers’ is closed to new replies.