Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Dog owners….
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

ah pedantic arguing now Excellent move 😉

I agree re the other exampleS you cite

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

But, you agree with the fact that everyone has to take responsibility. In the case of the OP, clearly the dog owner is at fault as a 6yr old can’t be held responsible. There might be an argument for the parents allowing a 6yr old ride a bike on the road, but that’s a different argument.
    The runner may/may not have startled the dog which attacked him/her, without details it’s difficult to say.
    As an owner of a (perceived) dangerous dog, I have to be more catious than most, and maybe my first post this afternoon was a bit of a reaction. 😈
    Example, last week we were out for a walk and I was talking to a local farmer, he asked if I let my dog off the lead, I replied that his dog was off the lead and with both off there might be a problem and secondly I didn’t know where the livestock was. Easy. 😆

People who simply say that dogs and their owners should be klled/maimed have serious problems, IMHO.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

don simon – Member

If, however, you spook the dog by riding too quicky, too close and the dog reacts, then yes, you have some responsibility.

Wrong 100% don simon. The person has an absolute right to go about their business unbothered by the dog. the dog should be under control at all times.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

(perceived)

No **** “perceived” about it mush 😉

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Wrong 100% don simon. The person has an absolute right to go about their business unbothered by the dog. the dog should be under control at all times.

I agree.

For what it’s worth, I’m not a dog owner as we couldn’t give it the time and attention it deserves. I like dogs and most owners are indeed responsible. Once again it’s the minority of idiots who give them a bad name. Much like everything else in life…

donsimon
    Free Member

😆 Hello dd, have you got yours yet?

And TJ arrives.. I agree with the statement that the dog should be under control as you can well see by reading the previous posts. My dog and I also have rights too. The general public have to be under control too. 🙄 You’ll be telling me next that I’m supposed to know, without being told, which people do and which people don’t have phobias of dogs. Telepathy? 🙄

druidh
    Free Member

No – you’re supposed to control your dog as if everyone has a phobia. That way you are being responsible.

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s a troll, right?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AS druidh says. Your dog has no rights. The dog must be under control AT ALL TIMES. This means the dog must to bother anyone else. This is absolute.

If your dog is startled by cyclists its your responsibility to keep it under control. The cyclist does not have to do anything.

donsimon
    Free Member

What can or can’t you do around me because of my phobias? FFS Grow up or grow some!

druidh
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    That’s a troll, right?

Certainly not. You just don’t get it do you?

[Thread closed due to the normal boring arguing by the usual culprits – Mod ]

Junkyard
    Free Member

well of course but it is all relative> I would put the case you cite more as someone crosses the road on a pelican crossing legitiamelty, driver comes rouind corner does not see them driver runs them over – yes both at “fault” but one is about 99% and one about 1 % . Same with dog so what if I run a bit close to it and it gets spooked – that is not under control is it and if my dog did this it would not be off the lead where people were near – like your dog and cattle.
    My original post noted that these kind of things are not a one off attack by an otherwise good dog – the owners are generally aware and just not acting responsibly.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Dog owners….’ is closed to new replies.