Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • dog licking a wound
  • trout
    Free Member

Been out today and aquired a few cuts and scratches the dog seems to know they are wounds and wants to lick them .
    is he being careing or is it the smell of blood and he wants to eat my leg .
    will I get some horrible infection cos he has licked them

meehaja
    Free Member

dog saliva has antibacterial properties… get em licked!

Gooner
    Free Member

you're going to die.can i have your bike and dog?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

dog saliva has antibacterial properties

I was under the impression it was highly infectious to humans 🙁

trout
    Free Member

Gooner Yes if I die a horrible death then you are welcome to the bike and killer dog Hows your puppy doing.

Gooner
    Free Member

she's doing godd thanks and stopped weeing on me!

Edric64
    Free Member

Dogs eat shit and lick their asses so it's not a good idea if he licks your wounds is it?

project
    Free Member

A dog also has and does use the ability to lick its own testicles,Do you really want him to do that for you. 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Dogs lick their own wounds and it seldom cause them to lose limbs, but then they probably have better immune systems…

trout
    Free Member

well its too late now he has had a good lick so if I dont post in the morning then gooner had better get round for the bike and dog before he eats the rest of the evidence .

Teetosugars
    Free Member

project – Member
    A dog also has and does use the ability to lick its own testicles,Do you really want him to do that for you.

Reminds me of the old "why do Dogs lick their balls joke…. Because they can…"

You can too, the secret is to give the dog a chew first, you know, to distract it from what your doing…..

trout
    Free Member

Project No I am quite happy to lick my own testicles thanks 😳

Edric64
    Free Member

Why can my dog lick his balls and I can't ?

Give him a bonio and he might let you

Woody
    Free Member

It's terrible when you do an innocent search for an answer and find out something you really didn't want to know Clicky Wiki

It's the 'In humans' bit on Orthodox Jews. 😯

yetiguy
    Free Member

My dog always licks the holes in my calves invariably
    Caused by my flat pedals

Never did me any harm

MrNutt
    Free Member

what in the name of god?!? metzitzah?!? surely not, why?!? why?! what on earth?!? argh!

Edric64
    Free Member

Clicky Wiki

It's the 'In humans' bit on Orthodox Jews.

Bearing in mind the part of the body and the age at which this is usually done I am surprised the Catholic church did not think this one up

fbk
    Free Member

Dog saliva doesn't have magical properties. They eat crap, lick their bits and have rubbish dental hygiene. That's why in the wild, simple wounds can and do kill them…

It's one of the most resilient old wives tails around. 😯

Hope you're still alive this morning 😉

bedmaker

From that wiki page

A 68 year old man died from septicemia and necrotizing fasciitis after a wound was licked by his dog

Ah well, at least it was only necrotizing fasciitis and not something really sore 🙂

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

My neighbours dog licked my leg wound when I got back from cycling tother day but luckily it had scabbed over. I'd like to think she was concerned for my welfare but she looks at me funny and barks a lot so I certainly wouldn't trust her. I usually get on with dogs fine but I think this ones been trained to hate men by it's lesbian owners.

trout
    Free Member

Yes still alive and wounds all healed and gone away 😯

RustySpanner

If it's THAT good at healing why don't dog's bums heal up?

Dancake
    Free Member

My springer can sniff out the smallest cuts and loves to lick 'em

I am not so keen; he can eat some weird stuff sometimes..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘dog licking a wound’ is closed to new replies.