Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Doethie Valley Access
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Was thinking of a trip up there in the week. Not been there for 12 months. The below link says the track from Soar y Mynydd to the Doethie Fach is closed, washed away. I also remember the exit from the forestry was blocked off. http://www.elenydd-hostels.co.uk/

Anyone been up there of late?

innit_gareth
    Free Member

I went up there a couple of months ago. The track is closed but I went over the locked gate (didn’t know it was meant to be closed before I set off). When you get to the descent before the turn into the valley the track is quite washed away – had to walk a bit. It seemed a tad dangerous as the track seemed to overhang a stream which had formed some way below the track. Don’t know about the forestry exit though.

mtbguiding
    Free Member

AS above – the track down into Doethie is washed away but passable with a few walked sections. And there are problems with the land owner on the forest track that drops to the Chapel – he’s put gates etc across the track but again, they are all passable. Not 100% sure of the legality here but think he’s in the wrong.

Final question though, Doethie Valley? At this time of year? When it’s not frozen? a. It’ll be hard work and b. you’ll do some serious damage to a delicate trail…

Nipper99
    Free Member

Thanks, not much harder than when its wet and muddy during the spring summer autumn and other winters that i have cycled it over the years and as it will be just me i seriously doubt there will be any appreciable damage.

jam1e
    Free Member

you’ll do some serious damage to a delicate trail…

Not nearly as much damage as the line of 8 horses that were trekking up the bridleway when I went up in the summer. So I wouldn’t worry about going on a bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Doethie Valley Access’ is closed to new replies.