Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Does this exist? An aerosol can full of paint thinner
  • Northwind

Been doing a bit of spraying with aerosols lately (because I cannot be arsed using a gun for little jobs) and just looking at a cloggy nozzle, thought, if only I had an aerosol loaded with cellulose thinner, that’d clean the nozzle out with a spray.

Seems obvious, but doesn’t seem to exist?

andyl
    Free Member

get yourself a Preval spray gun. I used them with some pretty nasty solvents so normal thinner will be fine.

-m-
    Free Member

You can get aerosols full of solvents for cleaning PU expanding foam guns before the foam sets – search for “PU foam cleaner” or similar. Not sure whether they’ll fit paint spray can nozzles directly, but I’m sure you can improvise…

jonba
    Free Member

You can get isopropyl alcohol in spray can from IT places. IT will work if the paint hasn’t dried

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-electronic-cleaning-solvent-200ml-n69an?cmpid=ppc:computing_gaming:pla:google&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0eX3j-331QIVYrXtCh36aADfEAYYASABEgJJy_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Disc brake cleaner might work?

Cougar
    neilwheel
    Free Member

If I’m using rattle cans I have a small takeaway pot and lid with acetone in it. If one blocks, swap from a fresh can and put the blocked one in the acetone to soak for a while. If you keep the nozzles from empty cans you soon have a range of clean nozzles to rotate through.

The PU foam cleaner contains acetone but the tip is much wider than on paint cans.

colournoise

Does the old spray upside down before you put the can down trick no longer work?

Northwind

colournoise – Member

Does the old spray upside down before you put the can down trick no longer work?

The wastage offends my scottish soul, I paid 1p for that bit of spray!

I do have a tin of thinners that I can throw caps into to clean, and a stash of spares off old cans but it just seemed like a thing that should be a thing- instant cleaner. Ah well, cheers folks!

cheers_drive

You don’t say what type of paint you use but this works for acrylic paint
    https://liquitex.com/spraycleaner/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Does this exist? An aerosol can full of paint thinner’ is closed to new replies.