Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Does this exist?
  • robd

I want a FS frame with 100mm-150mm ish of adjustable travel that is able to be pedalled all day as well as for messing about on on some jumps and downhill, that can also take upto 180mm fork. Also want a head angle about 67-68 degrees or so. Can the collective mind of STW find it for me?

RealMan
    Free Member

Something that can take a 100mm fork and a 180mm fork??

Bionicon worth a look, but don’t think that does exist.

EDIT: what about this then http://www.bionicon.com/bikes/alva180air or http://www.bionicon.com/bikes/ironwood

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A Nicolai Helius custom build.

robd

just want to put a 180mm fork on it not too fussed with adjustable front travel just rear.

robd

anything more reasonably priced than a nicolai, just to be difficult!

druidh
    Free Member

I guess you could get a Mojo HD and a set of limbo chips and an extra shock to reduce the travel at the rear end. Not exactly quickly adjustable though!

khani
    Free Member

Kona dawg magic link?

Swalsey
    Free Member

Why bother with adjustable travel rear? Just get something that can use a propedal shock for the all day type riding. Not sure I’d want to ride uphill on 180mm travel forks though!

Stumpjumper EVO?

mazdarati

http://wheelworld.com/product/ellsworth-08-moment-frame-7989.htm

Adjustable from 135mm to 152mm, and will take a fork from 140mm to 160mm.

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah, I would forgo the adjustable rear travel, and just get something with a decent platform shock.

I think an adjustable travel fork would be more use than an adjustable travel rear, so maybe something like a 36 TALAS 180 might fit the bill.

Junkyard
    Free Member

horts or vpp so the rear dont matter re uphill?
    !80 forks and easy uphill Motorbike ???

mikey74
    Free Member

IME VPP is probably a more stable platform than a Horst link bike, as the latter have a tendency to bob unless you have a firm pedal platform shock.

Bregante

110 mm to 185 mm travel? 30lbs (ish)? Here you go.

http://www.tweekscycles.com/Cycle/Bikes/Full_Suspension_Mountain_Bikes/Scott_Genius_LT_20_Full_Suspension_Mountain_Bike_2011/913/7488

I’ll have one too if you’re buying. Ta

jimjam
    Free Member

What you’re looking for doesn’t exist, not as far as I am aware, not exactly. The closest things to that, off the top of my head would be the Scott Voltage or the GT Distortion.

Voltage is adjustable 140-180 and can run a 160-180mm fork. Distortion has 112mm travel in the back and looks to be designed around a 160mm fork. As above you could go for a custom Nicolai or similar. I think you’re looking for too much moon on your stick tbh.

Another idea, not sure if it would work might be a 2010 specialized sx trail. Will take a 180 fork no problem, and if you can get the shock mounts from the shorter travel “sx” model and a spare air can, you might just have your solution as the two are interchangeable iirc.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Hve a look at the Cannondale Jekyl or Claymore that are due out in April. Anyone know if they’ve done clever stuff with Fox to get the fork to match the rear end?

Wookster

Scott genius??

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Hmm. We might be able to do something like that ‘off the shelf’ rather than custom and at a lower than retail price.

Have a look at the factory stock list

We can probably offer those at 20-25% discount from retail.

A 2010 AM is a degree HA steeper than current – right where you’re looking for) and will take a 160-180mm fork. HA does change by about a degree between those extremes.

Rear travel is 130-170mm with a 216mm x 63mm shock but we can swap out the front shock mounts to allow you to use a 200×57 shock which would give you travel adjustable from about 100 to 155mm.

180mm on front, 100-150 on the back and less expensive than a Nicolai. But still a Nicolai…..

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Actually, whilst you’re still at Nicolai prices we can adjust the travel down on a 2011 frame as well using the front shock mount and a 200x57mm shock.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Does this exist?’ is closed to new replies.