Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Does this Bike/Frame excist?
  • steelfan
    Free Member

Must be 700c/29er, Steel framed, have ebb, be able to run gears and hubs with pref vertical drop outs and rack/mudguard mounts. Asking alot I know but does anything come close?

angryratio
    Free Member

ermmm thorn produce that…..

steelfan
    Free Member

What thorn frame would that be? Cant see anything on their site.

halfbee
    Free Member

Gary Fisher Ferrous from last year.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

It confuses me whenever someone says they actually 'want' a EBB.

…must be in the water.

Ringo
    Free Member

niner sir nine only thing missing is rack mounts

Sven

MTB or tourer? Peregrine

steelfan
    Free Member

More of a tourer,commuter,work bike but want to be able to swop from hub gears and discs to v's and gears with out too much trouble. EBB would be nice but not essential as I could always use a chain tensioner when running hub gears.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Second for the Singular Peregrine (except its hub gears and disc brakes only)
    I like mine.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Curtlo

steelfan
    Free Member

Even though I love the Peregrine its a bit out of my price range so I think I may go for this instead. Soma Cross DC
    It ticks all the boxes bar the ebb which I can live without.

speaker2animals

I don't want to upset you, I'm honestly curious. Why would you want ot be able to swap between disc brakes/hub gears and V brakes/dérailleur gears? I can understand perhaps the gear switch for weather conditions but why would you want to swap the brakes? Surely discs are much better and you don't get rim wear?

steelfan
    Free Member

Thats a fair Question and the answer is that if I decide to go touring I want to use v's or cantis because of parts availability. As for rim wear I intend to get some Rigida Carbide Supersonic road rims which have a super tough rim surface similar to ceramic rims but much tougher.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does this Bike/Frame excist?’ is closed to new replies.