Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Does this android app exist?
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

I always have my phone set to vibrate with no ring tone volume.

Unfortunately I keep missing calls when i’m walking about though. Is there an app that will switch the ringer volume up while I’m moving but then put it back to vibrate when I’m stood still? Dont want to have a ring tone all the time as I work in a silent office and don’t want to forget to switch it back.

Tried googling it, the nearest I got was one that turns it up when you’re in a noisy environment but that aint what i’m after! Also found a location based one but its not ideal, would rather it detected movement.

I’ve got google fit installed, that knows when i’m moving etc so wouldn’t have thought it’d be that hard!

muggomagic

You might be able to create something with Tasker.

allthepies
    Free Member

As above, tasker would do it but it might be overkill for the job.

nemesis
    Free Member

If you have an nfc phone, you could set up a tasker/llama or similar rule to switch to silent when a tag is present (and then stick one to your desk) and to ring when not.

nemesis
    Free Member

Or can you switch bluetooth on for your computer or similar and then set tasker to do what I suggested above based on whether that bluetooth connection is available or not?

muggomagic

Would also work for any home or office wifi signal. So if whatever your wifi names aren’t in range, switch to loud and back to silent when they are.

verses

Not quite what you asked but…

I use Profile Scheduler, I have the paid version but there’s a freebie too. It automatically puts my phone on min volume during office hours and then back to normal at other times.

It also allows you to create shortcut icons on the desktop to easily switch to a different profile.

EDIT: I like the sound of those Tasker suggestions though. Might give that a try.

nemesis
    Free Member

Another leftfield alternative – a smartwatch – you can then permanently leave your watch on silent and just get buzzing wrist alerts when the phone rings. Never miss any calls and no need for annoying ring tones.

stumpy01

If you work ‘normal’ office hours, I’d just set up a schedule thing, so between the hours of 8:30-5:30 Mon-Fri or similar, your phone is on silent/vibrate, but ringtone is on for the rest of the time.

muggomagic

Smartwatch is nice to have.
    Worth still getting Tasker as it is fun to play with and you can set up lots of handy tasks. I had it to turn off all rings etc when a meeting was scheduled in my work calender. I had a button on one of my screens that if pressed would send out a message to set contacts with a map and co-ordinates of my location should I get injured while out on the bike on my own.

mrjmt
    Free Member

OK, i’ll have a look into tasker.

I may have worded things badly and put the work thing in as a red herring!

I’d like it to be on silent when I’m still, say for example I’m in a meeting in a client office or sat in a cafe sipping a decaf moco choco latte frappe.

Basically I want my phone on silent all the time except when I’m moving about.

mrjmt
    Free Member

aha, this movement add on for tasker might be just what I’m after…

mrjmt
    Free Member

Well, just had a walk round town, phone rang and made a noise.

Now back at office, sat still and phone is back on silent!

woohoo!

thanks!

keppoch

Can you share how you did it? Sounds very useful.

scaredypants

I’ve had tasker on my phone but haven’t been arsed to work it out – needs an easier interface for chimps like me, then I’d pay for it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Does this android app exist?’ is closed to new replies.