Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Does Staffordshire / West Mids have a bike jumble?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

Do we? I went to one in Lichfield a few years back that was really well attended but I never heard of another. The southern ones seem to go really well and Peaty’s bike bash attracts thousands. If there isn’t a local one surely there is enough demand for one?

parkesie
    Free Member

I remember going to one way back in early 2000s at fenton manor. Not a clue if any happen these days would be interested in finding out myself.

z1ppy

Personally i think this need a bump, to get some-one to organise one (not me though!)… I’ve a garage load of bits that aren’t worth the added postage costs.

parkesie
    Free Member

Turns out there was one in Stafford this year but looks like turn out was poor and they might not do another.

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

Could be interested.

mattsccm
    Free Member

There is going to be a new one in the FoD at the end of December. Booked the hall this morning.

jamesg55
    Free Member

fradley village had a little one in the village hall at the start of the month

akira

One down south would be nice as well. Loft filled with wheels and bits.

Rosss
    Free Member

If there was enough demand I would consider putting one together, I have a location I could use not far from the Chase? If all went well could lead onto an monthly/other month event.

I’ve got a tonne of stuff not worth posting but worth selling.

Interested in the FoD one too will keep an eye out.

jekkyl

certainly enough riders in staffs to support one.

Rosss
    Free Member

There has got to be, a bit of spamming on here, facebook and at Cannock etc and I’m sure we could get a decent turn out.

I’ll start the cogs turning I think. Quick Q for those interested – Would Aldridge be okay location wise. Around 20 mins to Cannock for a ride after? If not I’ll look for a suitable place closer to Cannock

takisawa2

There was one in Fradley, on 8th Oct Ross. Not sure what turnout was like, as I couldn’t make it.
    Not sure if there’s any more planned, but keep an eye on the Lichfield ReCycle faceache page as it will be on there for sure.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

There are few road ones in the Midlands not MTB though.

Rosss
    Free Member

So it looks like we’ve got a few events spread out, would be better if there was one larger, regular event well advertised. I’ll see what I can do location wise and post back here – got a few ideas in the pipeline

Rosss
    Free Member

I’ve found a potential location for an early December jumble, perfect time to raise some cash before christmas.

If I managed to arrange all this, who would be interested in having a table? It’d probably be £10 for a table just to cover costs and probably £1 entry.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Be carefully with a pre-Christmas one because I know with the Mud-dock ones in December they were always very quiet.
    Mattsccm is the Forest one on a Saturday or Sunday?Cheers.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Sunday planned, early Dec, Parkend.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheers.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Does Staffordshire / West Mids have a bike jumble?’ is closed to new replies.