Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Does no-one on here ever break the Law or are we all as pure as the driven snow?
  • Talkemada
    Free Member

Calling my dad a liar then?

Have a pop at me by all means, if it gets you off. Don't insult my family.

Go back to your sad little life. I'll try to bring a few brighter moments into it whenever I can.

BoardinBob

Yes, your dad's a lying Walter Mitty-esque fantastist

Talkemada
    Free Member

Yeah, course he is.

Feel safe from behind that keyboard do you?

I'd appreciate it if you kept your thoughts to yourself tbh. No need to insult any member of my family.

BoardinBob

Don't get me started on your mum…

Talkemada
    Free Member

Hmm. Seems that you're trying to get a rise out of me for some reason. Obviously, I must have twisted your scrotum over some issue. Care to discuss that with me like a grown-up, or have your balls not dropped yet?

I can't recall anything of note you've ever posted, but you obviously pay attention to me. Thanks for that; makes me feel 'noticed'. Does my fragile ego a power of good.

Oh look; I'm giving you some attention now! Feels nice to be noticed, doesn't it?

Ah, bless. Do you feel better now?

kaesae
    Free Member

In the real world necessity and survival will always over ride even the most idiotic adherence to the law.

People need to get by and the law favours the rich, the law also has to meet certain political targets and that means that convictions are more important than a law that is fair and just.

Everyone brakes the law, either that or they're completely mad!

Merlinman

Play nicely please folks or….

Talkemada
    Free Member

Everyone brakes the law, either that or they're completely mad!

Well, funny you should say that, but those considered 'insane' are incapable of breaking the Law, as they are incapable of understanding it. You can't actually convict an insane person for a crime.

noteeth
    Free Member

I think the effort of reconciling his love of Detroit techno and the Tory Party has turned BoardinBob into a bitter man.

donks
    Free Member

mmmm.where to start really…fiddling work expenses, growing weed (a few years back) that scanning thing in the supermarket (where you dont quite scan all you bag), might have booked the odd "extra item" through work purchase orders, selling off the contents of our stores…to name but a few.
    Go easy on me though me guys….just being honest (for a change) to the question.

noteeth
    Free Member

mmmm.where to start really…

Don't worry… we've got all day.

Gary_C

Surely you're only breaking the law if you get caught?

Talkemada
    Free Member

I was in the supermarket t'other day, and had some onions in a bayg. The checkout lady rang through the items, weighed the onions, rang through the remaining items until…

…we saw a rogue onion rolling round in the bottom of the basket.

She simply bunged it in with the others. So, I got a 'free' onion.

I have wrestled with my conscience ever since, over this. Should I have insisted on here weighing it separately? Should I have reported her for freud? Am I guilty of aiding and abetting??? Am I a thief?

I would have gone to confession yesterday but I was in bed.

Am I going to Hell? 😯

juan
    Free Member

I am pure and honest and would never do or say anything wrong. A bit like Captain America.

Are you f***ing kidding me he's **** american …. How does that makes hime pure and honest 😉
    😉
    😉

yunki
    Free Member

I think the effort of reconciling his love of Detroit techno and the Tory Party has turned BoardinBob into a bitter man.

LOLOL how can anyone possibly fail to rise to the occasion of a bit of baiting when a wally gets his knickers in a twist cos a guy on a forum says something about his family..

Bobs not bitter.. he's just human..

Talkemada
    Free Member

Pfft. I posted a tale my dad recounted to me, thinking it might raise a smile. I'm not that bothered if it does or doesn't.

BoringBob has some issues with me. so he uses this as a means to try to rile me. That he does have issues with me doesn't bother me, but he needn't make derogatory comments about my family. Not much to ask.

Take the piss out of me all you want; no problem, I can deal with that. Don't insult those I love. Simples.

yunki
    Free Member

can we take the piss out of you for your sensitivity on this issue?
    can we insult your pets?

eldridge
    Free Member

I loved the story – sounds like a great family myth, giving lots of amusement to all concerned. Harmless, and charming.

A simple Google search will reveal loads of sources about visibility in "pea-souper" fogs.

Consensus among these sources seems to be that visibility at the very, very worst was down to "a few yards". Therefore it's probably unlikely that people would be unable to see what was on the ground within pissing distance, and therefore were not likely to piss on someone.

When very young, we do tend to believe what our dads tell us, and some of us never go back to check

Talkemada
    Free Member

I've questioned the validity of this tale myself, but my dad's not the sort to make something like this up, believe me. Besides, it's too preposterous to be made up. Bearing in mind this is at night, and therefore visibility would be even more reduced. And the policewoman was wearing dark clothing…

I have no problem with people disbelieving it. But BB persisted with his slight on my family members, mentioning my mother also. After I'd asked him not to insult my family. There was no need for him to persist.

Forum rules mention not saying anything to anyone that you wouldn't say to their face. I follow this rule, and expect others to.

What I find regrettable, is that BoringBob has sunk to childish insults, then carried on after being politely asked to desist. I find that a bit pathetic really. I'm more than up for a challenge, but if he couldn't play to my level, then he shouldn't bother at all. I have far more respect for someone who engages me in intelligent conflict. When folk resort to stuff like this, then I feel sorry for them really.

can we take the piss out of you for your sensitivity on this issue?
    can we insult your pets?

I suspect you may be harbouring some resentment towards me over the farming slurry thread. I detect a teeny bit of sourness in your tone. Do you want to take the piss out of me? Will it make you feel better? It certainly won't gain my respect for you. I'll just think you're a tiresome knob.

Enough already. I'm over it, move on.

PJ266
    Free Member

Enough already. I'm over it, move on.

Dont you tell me what to do boy!

Talkemada
    Free Member

😆

Move along sunshine…

eldridge
    Free Member

Bearing in mind this is at night

the policewoman was wearing dark clothing

I've been in peasoupers:

Visibility in fog is better at night. When there's lots of light around, it bounces off the fog and makes things worse. Ever driven in ordinary fog, and tried the difference between dipped headlights and full beam?

Dark objects show up better in fog than light ones. Because fog scatters the light, anything less reflective is more visible.

Science dispels myths – sorry mate

sweepy
    Free Member

Once in a while I shoplift, just for the Buzz like.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Once in a while I shoplift, just for the Buzz like.

Are you a bored middle-aged wealthy woman who's lacking "excitement" in your life ?

jojoA1
    Free Member

What kind of nefarious activities get "reported for Freud"? I wonder?…

noteeth
    Free Member

Freud should do his own reporting – the lazy Austrian.

sweepy
    Free Member

I spose I am in a way, just not wealthy, or female, or lacking exitement. I do miss the excitement of life before I responsibled up tho, it was different.

yunki
    Free Member

talkemada:
    again.. you are completely correct and have made me feel small and slightly upset and embarrassed by your handling of the situation..
    you are indeed some kind of internet hero.. you must be very popular in real life.. in a Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho character kinda way..
    I'm not really sure if I want your respect.. I've not noticed you on here before today.. but what I have seen paints you to be a very tiresome kinda character..
    the jury is definitely out on that one fella..

However.. I really was warming to you again after the slurry disagreement.. til you came out with the 'don't mess with my family' thing..
    I imagine that I will cheerfully take the piss out of you over that in real life too if you don't appear dangerous and averse to friendly banter….

enough of these shenanigans on this fraught evening.. my baby boy is teeething like a beast and it's gonna be a long night..
    lets just be pleasant to one another

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I'm over it, move on

No disrespect mate, but I think you should have got over it a tad earlier.

Though I can understand your frustration over something which you have never questioned ever since you were a child, being challenged.

I liked the story btw, although I came to the same conclusion as eldridge.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I've been in peasoupers:

Really? You must be really old, as they became a thing of the past after the 1950s…

I liked the story btw, although I came to the same conclusion as eldridge.

I'll believe the person who was there, if it's all the same. Although I can understand the incredulity.

However.. I really was warming to you again after the slurry disagreement.. til you came out with the 'don't mess with my family' thing..

Simple rule. Don't insult my family. Or anyone's family. Restrict the banter to those on here. Not too much to ask is it?

I'm not really sure if I want your respect.. I've not noticed you on here before today.. but what I have seen paints you to be a very tiresome kinda character..

Respect must be gained. I obviously don't have yours. Shame. I thought country folk were warm, friendly and welcoming… 😉

X

What kind of nefarious activities get "reported for Freud"? I wonder?…

Maternal Incest? 😯

Keva
    Free Member

just for the record I rode through one red light this morning and turned right where there was a no right turn sign. Both within three minutes of getting on my bike too, I probably do something to break the law every day.

Kev

IanMunro
    Free Member

Your mother is an hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I do loads of small harmless bits which don't really affect any other people. I think my housemate though, has never broken a law in her life.

Special_ized_Jamie

Odd that this should come up today!

I have got to attend a speed awareness course this avo for doing 57mph in a 50!

CaptJon
    Free Member

I once posed as a billionaire, bought a football club and used it to help my dad launder money.

davidrussell
    Free Member

I one tried to nick a cd-rom off a pc mag in somerfields, and stuck it between the pages of a bike mag. The manageress must have seen me do it (it must have been horrendous to watch this kid subtly trying to rip it off the mag with the sellotape alerting everyone withing 50 yards)and walked over to the till, picked up the mag and lifted the cd out, saying "I dont think that belongs in there, do you?"

Worst thing was I was with my gran who obviously didn't realise was trying to be a wee sh!te and tried to argue the toss. I was beyond mortified. Now I just flick through the bike mags 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Pea soupers were incredible before the 50s. It wasn't just fog, it was smog caused by the emissions from millions of coal fires. The stats on the met office website are utterly amazing.

For one spell of foggy weather in the 50s visibility was so bad that people couldn't see their own feet, or your hand at the end of your arm. Anyone out walking found themselves scared to move, inching about with their arms outstretched as if blinded. Because it was smog, tens of thousands of people died (with pre-existing conditions of course) in a period of a few weeks of breathing difficulties.

zokes
    Free Member

Hmm. Seems that you're trying to get a rise out of me for some reason.

Looks like he succeeded very well IMO! For the record, I found the story amusing, if a little far fetched. I of course, am Satan, as I have been known to speed, ride on footpaths, possibly allow music etc to fall down my phone line. Noone's caught me for that double murder yet though… 😉

yunki
    Free Member

you may have lost my respect talkemad.. but I will still find it in my heart to hold you when you feel alone…x

Talkemada
    Free Member

What would be interesting, would be to try and work out how many laws you break in an average day. Everything from riding on a tiny bit of footpath, to well, I don't know really.

I'd say it's impossibly to live your life without breaking any laws. Mind you, what some folk get away with legally (stuff like Mediums/Clairvoyants, banks making all sorts of charges, companies pumping loads of pollution into the environment, politicians, etc), kind of puts jumping a red light into perspective.

Personally, I feel you should go with what your own free will tells you, as long as others aren't hurt or suffer no loss. Of course, to be able to do this effectively and happily will require a fair amount of adherence to the Law, but that's not usually a big deal.

but I will still find it in my heart to hold you when you feel alone…x

Thank you Yunki! 😀

X

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Does no-one on here ever break the Law or are we all as pure as the driven snow?’ is closed to new replies.