Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does no-one make this fork?
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Or can I not see for looking?

Something around 140/150mm travel, 20mm axle & fatter than 32mm stanchion?

Everything is 15mm axle & 32mm stanchion around this sort of travel. My experience of both hasn’t been great.

Do I have to resort to reducing travel on a Lyrik?? It makes it a very heavy 150mm fork 🙁

wwaswas

You may be able to spacer down a Fox F34 160mm?

If you coudl quantify ‘not a great experience’ with what’s easily available it might help though?

njee20
    Free Member

Do I have to resort to reducing travel on a Lyrik?? It makes it a very heavy 150mm fork

You didn’t specify you also wanted light, so that fits your bill exactly.

I would also like a sub-1kg 180mm travel fork, with 37.4mm stantions, and a 9mm QR on the LH dropout, and a 20mm thru-axle on the RH side.

Alas, the search goes on.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Devilles (bit of a risk due to distributer problems, but 34mm stanchions)

Xfusion I hear very good things about, they may be described as 32mm, but they look chunkier and are pretty darn stif.

chakaping
    Free Member

No, it seems the bike industry isn’t interested in giving riders what they want – just fitting them into categories to suit themselves (eg. stupid **** 15mm axles).

Think Bos Deville is the only thing that fits your bill?

Northwind

What’s your benchmark for stanchion strength? A 20mm Rev at 150mm can’t exactly be called stiff but it’s a lot stiffer than a Fox 32 at 150mm with a QR15, and you should still be able to find some previous year stock.

Success of 15mm tells you all you need to know about mtb standards really, the worst option wins because of who backed it not because of its merit 🙁

Fox 34 seems to have a shorter axle-to-crown than a 36 or Lyrik so there’s some minor geometry implications there.

amedias
    Free Member

Fox 34/36 or Lyrik with travel spaced down, job done.

SamB
    Free Member

Seconding a Fox 36, spaced down. I’m running a 36 Float spaced down to 120mm on my 4x bike and it’s lovely 🙂

pinetree
    Free Member

Talas 36?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does no-one make this fork?’ is closed to new replies.