Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Does my ideal tent exist?
  • stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I'm looking for a new tent and have a good idea what I'd like from it. However, I can't find anything which fully fits the bill … I would like.

• 1 Person
    • Double skin
    • Outer pitch first
    • Extended front porch
    • Under 2 kilos

The nearest I can find are a Lightwave t0 Trek XT but it pitches inner first or a Vango Spirit 200+ which fits the criteria but been 2 man will bump the weight up to around 2.6kg.

Anyone got any other ideas? I know you can get an extension for some of the Big Agnes tents but I think they might pitch inner first too.

Thanks
    Stuart

thomthumb
    Free Member

hilleburg akto?

midlifecrashes

Vaude Taurus Ultralight sounds close to what you want. Depends how big a porch you want.

Tiger6791

yes it does and I have one

timraven

Mine doesn't. None of them come with a cast iron guarantee that it won't p*ss down as soon as I pitch it. 😕

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Macpac Microlight? If it's anything like my Olympus you will be able to unclip the inner, pull it back, and make a bigger outer space for cooking etc. and it's multipitch, so you can pitch all at once or outer first. Macpac Mircolight

singlespeedstu

We have the same tent teeto has linked to.

It's a great bit of kit. Loads of room inside too.

It's that big inside I recon even wokboy sheldon could get in.

Edit.

Looks like they do a one man version too. Though I dought fatnacker Don would get into that one. 🙄

http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/tents/fast-and-light-tents/hubba-hp/product

Tiger6791

yes it does and I have one

I'll have a look at the make and model when I get home, although it's 2 man it's 2 very friendly men. and I think it's just over 2 kilos.

So in fact no, but quite close

Kamikirk
    Free Member

As you suggested [url=http://www.lightwave.uk.com/en/tents_t0.php]Litewave[/url] Great stuff – and British (in a via China kind of way) Great gear and 2mans are also superb kit.

Or

Viperine2

I know its offically 2 man and 2.16kg but it can be put up fly 1st then hook in the liner. Great tent i think and nice option to go flysheet only and Pitchlite for a big weight saving. It's semi geodesic so you really only need 2 pegs saving even more weight unless its truly dreadful conditions.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Ta folks … thinking about it Stu I saw yours (tent) at Brecon last year and it did look nice. Is it classed as a 2 man or Sheldon tent then?

Macpac could be a possible … I'll check about pulling the inner back. Not sure if my pockets are quite deep enough for an Akto and it looks like a Terra Nova which puts me off.

chutney13
    Free Member

you can pitch the msr hubba outer first.

Tiger6791

Found it, 'tis a poxy Millets own brand though, but had mine years and it's fine and has never leaked. Only UK stuff though but it has weather soem heavy rain.

Pitch the outer first and hang the tent off the inside.

Weight: 2.3kg
    Pack Size: 14 x 46
    Polyester Fly Sheet
    Taped Seams
    Hydrostatic Head = 1500mm (suprised by this as I've been in some right old rain and never got wet)
    Waterproof Ground Sheet

Just looked at the Millets site and it's £30 FFS! but is a newer different model and weight has gone up to 2.8kg

Other than that Decathalon do one, friend used one on a Bivvy trip (cheater) anyway it looked good but that was pitch inner first

in fact here you go http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/lightent-3246909/

singlespeedstu

Is it classed as a 2 man or Sheldon tent then?

He doesn't need a tent he just throws a tarp over his wok.
    Our is a two man though.

flatfish
    Free Member

porch might be too small though but fits every other criteria.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I've got one of these.
    Not a huge amount of porch space, but there is room for me to sleep next to a weekend's load of clothing etc. Also is a breeze to put up, and is tiny and light when packed away.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The Macpac Microlight does have a porch, I was just sayin, that being able to make a bigger porch when you're cooking etc has been a great feature on my Macpac tent. Also, the multipitch, you can put the tent up in seconds.

Waderider
    Free Member

As mentioned above, a Hilleberg Akto. It does all the above with a large porch. What exactly do you want from the porch. You aren't that clear.

flatfish
    Free Member

What exactly do you want from the porch.

to put his tea urn in.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Apart from fitting in my tea urn, I'd like enough room to store wet gear, sit up and *cook that's why I'm wanting something with an extended porch or an extendable one as B.A.Nana says.

* Please no moaning about cooking in porches, it's something I do, end of. 😉

ButtonMoon

Big yes for the Hubba Hubba. It's withstood some serious Scottish wild camping and with a little practice can be pitched/de-pitched in whatever order you like. MSR also do 1 man variants. The side porch is the thing that we like, so much easier to live with compared to a front porch imo.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Tarptent Scarp 1 might be worth a look

sweepy
    Free Member

Apart from fitting in my tea urn, I'd like enough room to store wet gear, sit up and *cook that's why I'm wanting something with an extended porch or an extendable one as B.A.Nana says.

* Please no moaning about cooking in porches, it's something I do, end of.

Just cook in the tent like the rest of us you big jessie 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just realised I linked to the 2 man MSR Hubba…

Mines the 1 man version…

And for me, it's perfect..

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Macpak microlight is a great tent, outer or inner pitch first, porch and decent siting height

well under 2kg

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Does my ideal tent exist?’ is closed to new replies.