• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by egb81.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Does anyone use Panaracer Fire XC Pros anymore?
  • SaxonRider

Just wondering, seeing as it’s time for new tyres, and they came up at the top of Wiggle’s offerings. I haven’t done any tyre shopping for years, so I was surprised they were still around.

The childish side of me likes the colour options!

bensales
    Free Member

I’d love to, but them don’t appear to be made in 27.5. Always loved my red XC Pros BITD.

teethgrinder

Got some on the hardtail. Seem like the only tyre that will go on the X819’s without me swearing a lot. ~Unfortunately, I suspect that this makes them a bit chod for running tubeless.

Got to be about 5 years old at least. Better than the Michelin Wildgrippers I had before.

kilo

mrs kilo has them on the rear of her ibis which she will be using tomorrow

Baznav
    Free Member

unfortunately panaracer realy screwed up by not making their most popular tyres ever in the new sizes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Used them because we all did in 2003… some mates tried the cinders? ripped sidewalls just by looking at them
    The fire XC’s were better than anything I had tried at that point ie nothing else, I’ve not tried anything as bad since.

globalti
    Free Member

In 1.8 they were good in deep mud and snow because they cut down well to find gip, being narrow. Fast as well for XC riding.

mashiehood
    Free Member

possibly the hardest compound ever! I rode mine for 2 years and they looked brand new – that’s was 7 years ago! Recently moved house and ‘recycled’ them!

ratherbeintobago

possibly the hardest compound ever! I rode mine for 2 years and they looked brand new

The UST ones were/are dual compound and a bit softer.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve been using them tubeless on my HT for a couple of years. Love’m

iainc

I have 1.8’s on my 9 yr old’s Beinn 26, ideal for him and that bike !

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’ve got one on the back of my hardtail, it was lying around when I ripped the Mountain King that came with the bike. On my old bike they were all I used, and I’d just go straight out and get another when one died. This one will probably be my last one, although it’s probably got a ton of miles left in it still!

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have a hardly used pair in the garage waiting to go on my Mrs bike (when I finally build it)

egb81
    Free Member

I’ve got some 1.8 floating about that get dug out when it snows. They were rapid for dry xc duties back in the day.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone use Panaracer Fire XC Pros anymore?’ is closed to new replies.