Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Does anyone ride a Canyon bike?
  • ElShalimo

I’ve seen them mentioned on several threads but does anyone actually own one?
    They appear to be really good value but is there a catch?

100mphplus
    Free Member

I appears not, they’re as common as dog dirt in Germany and they do tend to like good quality products there.

I’ve seen their brochure and they do appear to be excellent value for money, check out the ‘Factory Outlet’ section of the web site too for bigger bargains.

ElShalimo

thanks for that
    this looks like a lot bike for the money

cabbage84
    Free Member

I have been looking at this brand lately but there are no reviews in this country. I think its a case of its not a frontline brand so the magazines dont touch them. They look unbeatable for value.

RustyMac

A German collegue at work ordered one a year or so back with an outragious spec for the money. Pretty sure his was the nerve xc with 120mm of travel. Build quality looked really good and in the 3 months he was still over here when he had it i think the biggest problem he had was a couple of punctures.

Lovely bike, he new quite alot about them, think his brother had even been to the factory in Germany

RustyMac

Oh as to the catch, i think you have to wait for the bike to be made, i think they go in batches of one frame type so some times it can be a couple of months before they get back to making your bike if they are out of stock of the frame type or size you require. I do think that they were quite open with telling you this when ordering.

samuri
    Free Member

I have a roadlite 6.0 which is a roadbike.
    I’m extremely happy with it [1].
    It was built great and is a fantastic bike, way better value for money the the UK available equivalents.
    As Rusty Mac says above though, they are built in batch and if you miss the batch you’ll be waiting a while. I cancelled my 7.0 order (Ultegra) and went for 6.0 (105) because after waiting a month I asked them what the delay was and was told I had another two months to wait. Still great though.

[1] At least I was until I rode it into the back of a car and fubarred the front end.

ElShalimo

thanks
    Nerve 5.0 looks good as do the hardtails, the Grand Canyon 6.0 looks amazing for £859 + £50 (P&P)

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Thhey do look nice, I wonder how they compare to the Nicolai’s.

jools182
    Free Member

I’m tempted for my next bike
    They look quality and the frames have a 6 year warranty

cabbage84
    Free Member

i think if they got a small amount of publicity over here they would sell like hotcakes the whole range looks good a full downhill rig is only £1719

RustyMac

bump for the guy asking about these today

nellyp
    Free Member

Look good to me, Topeak-Ergon are riding them this season

mcboo
    Free Member

I dont think I’ve ever seen a better bike website than http://www.canyon.com, they want to give their web-guy a gold star.

I saw loads of roadies on them in Alpe d’Huez last summer, I think they might be the biggest brand in Germany. Direct sales is the future, sorry LBS.

I think I want a Nerve XC or MR…….spec is jaw-droppingly good.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Those Lux MRs are lovely. Were even cheaper than that a while back too (frame only anyway)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone ride a Canyon bike?’ is closed to new replies.