Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Does anyone recognise this logo?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am designing an identity for someone and have come up with the below (initial rough idea). But I have a nagging doubt that I have seen it before – does anyone recognise it????

mike_check
    Free Member

😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL but no…

🙂

Olly
    Free Member

rings a bell of that with the + there on the left

Jamie
    Free Member

I first thought of this:

…so nowt to worry about.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Here maybe?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is specifically the arrangement of the initial 't'/cross element that I think I have seen – I have scoured the interweb without success and just don't want to go to client with a concept that has been done (especially as it is my fave of the ones I have done so far).

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Maybe..

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Did Dettol have something like that at one point ?

grynch
    Free Member

tomalsop
    Free Member

🙂

My wife does a bit of logo / identity design and you do get a bit convinced you recognise just about anything. But that may just be because it's a great logo!

It's also not dissimilar to the Take That logo…

But they have the cross piece on both halves.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And whilst I am here, let's have a little brainstorm 😉 It is for an organ transplant event which is specifically NOT for any one type of transplant so I cannot use hearts (or any other body part) to convey it. So what things spring to mind when I say 'transplant'? Also have been told they don't want blood droplets (as they work in that field separately anyways).

Jamie
    Free Member

So what things spring to mind when I say 'transplant'?

[img]http://www.osheasflowers.com/images/spathiplyllum-lilly-plant.jpg[/img]

HTH :mrgreen:

geoffj

I reckon your pretty safe. The only 'similar' ones I could find were:

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL at the presidente!

woody2000

Transplant, phoenix from the flames innit. Life from death and all that. 🙂

Or a bad movie?

"Transplant:2013 – The Slashening"

😀

chrisd
    Free Member

no.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Holby City and Casualty both use the 'medical cross a T' device

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/holbycity/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/casualty/

tomalsop
    Free Member

How about something to imply transplantation within the type itself? Such as a character in a different typeface or colour to the rest?

Maybe with the "donor" and "recipient" words stacked either side of the date?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How about something to imply transplantation within the type itself? Such as a character in a different typeface or colour to the rest?

Maybe with the "donor" and "recipient" words stacked either side of the date?
    Your image link is broken – but it sounds similar my option two… 🙂

I did get even more 'creative' inserting numbers between letters but it all got a bit too confwesing.

nbt

NIC EIC logo

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Jackthedog – that might be where I have got it from. I think my interpretation of it is different enough – ta ! 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just seen this very clever use of it….

thegreatape
    Free Member

I prefer your second one.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I prefer your second one.

Unfortunately it loses all medical connotations though…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yeah. Lines up nicer though 🙂

theOCDape

GaryLake
    Free Member

I think you're fine with it. I do think the placement of the T/Cross is a bit awkward. I'd like to see the top of the T inline with the rest of the characters.

I wouldn't be sure without seeing it but I want to put put the 2013 inline with the end of the last T as well…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think you're fine with it. I do think the placement of the T/Cross is a bit awkward. I'd like to see the top of the T inline with the rest of the characters.

I did say it was just an initial idea (crikey – have you seen the gawd-awful kerning especially on the '2013') – just Mac-ed up a couple of sketches but will be progressing next week.

I wouldn't be sure without seeing it but I want to put put the 2013 inline with the end of the last T as well…

I would be more inclined to overlap it slightly – push it right to the edge of the 'T' and it will look like it is falling off. Probably.

skidartist
    Free Member

Theres a mark used by proof readers used to show that two letters or words need to be switched around/transposed that might be useful

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm not so sure about it at all. Will you be doing it in word m_f? My wife's nephew has just got himself a pc and he's really good with word. He's started using paintshop and his girlfriend says he has a good eye for colour too.

I'm not sure about the concept though, can you come up with say, 6 different ones? Wouldn't be able to pay you yet, but there's a good chance of more work if you can. I'll probably get my mum to have a qick look over it too. She used to cut up wallpaper to cover my school books when I was a kid and she was really accurate with that kind of stuff.

😛

skidartist
    Free Member

Darcy – you're every graphic designers worst nightmare / stroke / most likely client. 🙂 🙂 🙂

My brother has had clients bring their 7 yr old kid in to the agency and have the kid art direct. He's even had the proprietor of a fairly sizeable high street chainstore turn up with a drawing of superhero done by his school-age nephew, adamant that it should be the key element of their whole campaign. Not something like the drawing – it – the very drawing.

cheers_drive

LOL @ deadlydarcy
    This was the funniest thing I've seen in ages:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfprIxNfCjk

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not something like the drawing – it – the very drawing.

😆

mrs deadly will love that…wait till I tell her.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

cheers_drive, that's the one, I ain't that original.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone recognise this logo?’ is closed to new replies.