Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Does anyone recognise these forks?
  • cobbdu1
    Free Member

Does anyone recognise these retro carbon Pace forks?

A friend has given me the remainder of his titanium bike band it have these forks on it. They must be about 15 years old, and quite possibly more. They don’t really work anymore as there is very little rebound in them and they have a 1″ steerer. Do you think they might be worth something? Perhaps for nostalgic/retro reasons?

mtbfix

Retrobike.co.uk is your friend here

mattbee

RC35 MXC or MXCD. They appear to have some sort of adjuster that I’m not familiar with though. If that’s an Arlo Englund cartridge it could make them more interesting/desirable.
    Fork English for service/new elastomers.
    I’ve got a pair on my ’92 Klein. A whole 63mm of elastomer squish! Look a hell of a lot better than they perform…

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I had a set that looked very similar, around 1993.
    They were given to me & no good for anything I had, so I gave them to a retro bike bloke I know who has around 10 sets to help keep another set going.
    Worth very little, but no doubt useful to someone

oldschool

Worth very little, but no doubt useful to someone

Ohh me me me. Wanted a set of those for my old Univaga, but alas as a student they were out of reach. Bikes still in the attic and is to be rebuilt this summer.

If you do want to get rid let me know.

toppers3933
    Free Member

They look around 1996 vintage to me. With the retro fit hope disc mount.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

You might be surprised how much they sell for, I got over £100 for mine recently and that was even with a damaged leg where the disk brake adapter was.

Speeder
    zippykona

The good old days when you could just buy a new steerer and bolt it in.

mick_r

My Mrs won a set for NEMBA downhill series 1994 – only actually got them I think early 1995 ish so that was pretty much when production kit became available.

She then had some when riding for Leisure Lakes in 1996 season – so I guess date could be anywhere around that range plus at least into 1997.

igm

I had a set of those but without the disc mount. Now I bought my flat in 1994, and got a P7 STX-RC at the same time. The first suspension forks came later (the previous Pace to those). They went on my gf’s bike (she still has the bike and she’s now my wife) and I got those.

I think they are 1996 Pace RC35 MXCDs

mick_r

Funny how we remember dates in our history by cross referencing against the bikes and parts 🙂

Also looks like they have the optional oil damper in the RH leg. 1″ steerers also starting to get rarer in 1996 but Orange were certainly still using them at that time.

benpinnick

Yeah they’re mine… give them back. Seriously though I did have an identical set complete with cartridge damper. Well ahead of their time they were!

hot_fiat

I bet the elastomers look like wine gums that some kids puked up by now.

Aren’t these the really troublesome ones with hydrophilic bushes that made the forks lock up at the slightest bit of rain?

mattbee

Hot fiat, I’d be surprised if you could tell much difference between working at their best and locked up!
    Looking back now I’m glad I was mtbing through the 90s and 00s, watching bike technology develop at such a rapid pace it seemed that by the time something had made it from the pages of MBi to the shops it was already out of date.
    I’m also glad though that I didn’t have as much expendable income as I do now!

cobbdu1
    Free Member

Oldschool, I’m selling these so if you’re interested let me know. £80. They’ll need new elastomers I think, and possibly a new steerer tube (depending if you can clean it up or not).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone recognise these forks?’ is closed to new replies.