• This topic has 106 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by fin25.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)
  • does anyone not give a monkey's arse?
  • wicki
    Free Member

0 Donald thanks for the video best thing I have seen on this issue.

Mackem

Doesnt matter how you feel about the campaigning you should still vote how you feel. (especially if it’s remain)

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

like the footy betting adverts, make it more exciting,

£100 on out = £400
    £100 on in = £125

i’ve personally got a 44% return on my bet, so will be extremely happy or mad come friday

MrSmith
    Free Member

i think this is probably the most significant voting decision i will make in my lifetime and am seriously worried if it ends up with OUT winning. will be there first thing with ballot paper in hand but haven’t always bothered to vote in local/eu/national/mayoral elections as I’m in a safe seat.

slowoldman

£100 on out = £400
    £100 on in = £125

Those are not Paddy Power’s odds.

trailhound101

+1 for Donald and his link to the video – I watched this the other day and it was the most refreshing, fact-laden thing I have seen/read or heard from either side. Anyone needing ‘facts’ – do yourselves a favour and watch it, all of it!

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, because I do not like EU bureaucrats.

willrab
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Because you love Whitehall ones?

Not sure how it makes any difference where the bureaucrat is from, the merely propose the laws. To be ratified the law needs to pass through European Parliament, Council of Ministers, House of Commons and House of Lords.

Given that only 25% of those are unelected I think it’s not really worse than the UK legislative process which is Civil Service, Commons, Lords….

wilburt
    Free Member

I’m a member of the green party, that nice lady Caroline sent me an email saying vote to stay in.
    That’s it job done.

You don’t have dog and bark yourself.

chewkw
    Free Member

willrab – Member

chewkw – Member

Because you love Whitehall ones?[/quote] At least the ones at Whitehall are near if I were to complain against them …

CountZero

richc – Member
    Got a link to those facts? I might be interested if I could find anything but speculation and bullshit.
    How can there be facts, nobody knows exactly what will happen in the future; you can make an informed opinion based on historical evidence and trends, however that’s not a fact.

You can’t guarantee the sun is going to come up tomorrow, its very very likely but its not a fact; just like you don’t *know* the pound will lose value against the $ or Euro, its very likely but anyone saying it *will* is a liar.
    This. Taking as gospel the opinions of the likes of Goldman-Sachs, who seem to be as corrupt a bunch of chancers as it’s possible to find, regarding the benefits of remaining in, compared to leaving, seems to be utter madness, along with others like the IMF, etc; none of them were right about our entry or exit of the ERM, or the Euro.
    In 1992, when the UK crashed out of the Exchange Rate Mechanism, there were pretty much exactly the same levels of extreme negativity about the UK’s future.
    The U.K. then enjoyed around seventeen years of positive growth and prosperity.
    And when Dave was all for leaving, then abruptly changed his tune, as did Corbyn, then how are voters going to view any comment by them as having any sort of veracity?

chakaping
    Free Member

I give a lot of arse, but I’m not interested in debating it online or preaching to the converted on FB.

Most depressing thing about it all is that it’s revealed how **** stupid much of our population is.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I do (and I’m very much ‘in’) – but I don’t think alot will change if out is voted in tbh – so I’ll definitely not be upset by the result like I was when I found out the Tories had got back in.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@chewk – we have an unelected head of state and an unelected second chamber in parliament yet I never hear people moaning about how undemocratic that is – so all this chat about how undemocratic the EU is is a bit farcical.

Sorry OP for this post in your thread.

chubstr
    Free Member

I’m waiting for someone to tell me if I give a damn, then the other side to tell me roughly the same thing but with a whiff of racism added

fin25
    Free Member

Don’t care, can’t vote for the party I’m a member of (Green Party) in general or local elections, don’t like the EU system (protectionist capitalism) or the systems that seem likely to replace it (protectionist capitalism or free market capitalism).
    I’ll go and draw another knob on my paper for the 8th time, because I have never yet been represented by any of the systems that are fit to allow me a vote.
    Both politicians and the general public have proven that this is a decision best left to people who know what they are talking about. I don’t know who that is, but it doesn’t appear to be politicians or the general public.
    To call someone stupid for making a conscious choice that just happens to be outside of the us and them media bullshit storm is, I think, rather stupid.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Who gives a shit, don’t vote, don’t care.

ssboggy

0 Donald thanks for the video best thing I have seen on this issue.

I agree entirely,i was a bit undecided which way to vote because of all the bullshit flying about but that video has made my mind up.

I recommend watching it if you’ve any doubts. Probably the first person I have heard speak on the subject who hasn’t made up most of the ‘facts’

maxray
    Free Member

Classic troll. Post thread that will cause a reaction/argument and then sit back with a hob nob and a cuppa. No doubt he will wade in with something insightful as the thread grows.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Yeah. It’s almost as if our democracy is a sham to give the masses the illusion of agency, while those with the real power continue to operate a political/financial system which enables them legally to to skim and sell off anything that is good or decent, turn it into readies, and put it all in a big money cave in a sympathetic jurisdiction whilst laughing their arses off.

Business as usual.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I dont give a monkeys arse about others opinions, or their need to endless bicker & throw insults around to those who have different views to themselves.
    Fortunately I dont know anyone like this in real life.

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

this thread needs a swingometer to gauge the mood of the people

ton

Classic troll. Post thread that will cause a reaction/argument and then sit back with a hob nob and a cuppa. No doubt he will wade in with something insightful as the thread grows.

i resemble that accusation…..how dare you imply such things.

oh, and i shall not be voting 😀

Del

Daffy

ton

and i shall not be voting

By choosing not to vote, your are, in effect, voting to remain. You’re happy enough with the status quo to not to want to change it.. So, you WILL be voting….sort of.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Give-a-****-O-Meter,..still giving to many ****.

ton

By choosing not to vote, your are, in effect, voting to remain.

ah yes, but in my mind i shall be one of the unsullied. 8)

chewkw
    Free Member

edenvalleyboy – Member
    @chewk – we have an unelected head of state and an unelected second chamber in parliament yet I never hear people moaning about how undemocratic that is – so all this chat about how undemocratic the EU is is a bit farcical.

Sorry OP for this post in your thread.

I am afraid EU bureaucrats are just too far away so no comparison there and their size is also many times larger than those in BritLand. If we cannot even deal with our own bureaucrats then there is practically no chance we can deal with EU bureaucrats.

garage-dweller

I’m staying well off the arguments except with people I know well and then only in person and even then I’m avoiding debate with a few relatives.

I am firmly on one side of the debate and always have been.

As for giving a monkey’s arse I prefer more conventional gifts, a bottle of wine perhaps, box of chocolates or some Lego.

sirromj

Can barely be bothered to even post this.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I hate monkeys

stewartc
    Free Member

I cant wait for this to be over on Friday so we can all get back to arguing over wheel sizes again like a proper bike forum.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Be good for the issue to be put to bed.
    I care strongly about it.
    The issue around negartive campaigns and hating politicians for it is interesting. They are using those tactics as it works on the demographics they are targeting. The people who can’t be bothered to sift fact from fiction, those who are the easiest to scare. It’s been apartent through history.

Couple that with a bit of shout louder and drown them out, blame the establishment and they are unpatriotic and you have a heady cocktail of persuasion.

For the apethetic it’s up to you to rise above it, when a cadidate has a go at the other side ask them what they would do, how they would make things better don’t accept the negativity.

DrJ

So it seems like whatever choice I make it will be one devoid of proper facts – that pretty much makes it a bad choice.

Bit perplexing – why can you not find out facts yourself?

chipster

Bit perplexing – why can you not find out facts yourself

Perhaps he/she doesn’t give a monkey’s arse?
    I’m voting in.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good question Dr – the “can’t be arsed” concept is telling enough…..

outofbreath
    Free Member

“ah yes, but in my mind i shall be one of the unsullied”

This. Glad I’m not the only one.

DrJ

As a guide, you can assume as a general rule that if Boris says it it’s not true. Latest example – the EU stops us exporting haggis to the US. Err no. It has been banned by the USDA since 1971.

lazybike
    Free Member

If it really mattered we wouldn’t get a chance to vote on it..

fin25
    Free Member

If it really mattered we wouldn’t get a chance to vote on it..

This x 1000

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘does anyone not give a monkey's arse?’ is closed to new replies.