Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Does anyone make a cheap, steel rigid fork?
  • butcher

You’d think they’d be ten a penny, but I guess because it’s such a niche market these days even second hand they fetch nearly new prices.

Obviously there’s On-One and Orange, but we’re talking in the region of £60. Not knocking either of these companies (In fact the Orange seems very cheap in relation to their frames). It’s just a touch out of the comfort zone for me. I find it hard to justify when you can buy cheap (Suntour for example) suspension forks for less.

I was thinking along the lines of Decathlon, Suntour, etc. My searching is proving fruitless. Is there no-one out there doing these in say the £30-£40 range?

Must be disc and v-brake mounts.

kilo

if you’re near south west london you can have my on one steel, c85mm steerer and very red, it’s lying in the shed unloved

takisawa2

Check out the Exotic ones, I think the alloy ones are cheaper. They certainly ride nice, I was expecting it to be harsh but was very surprised. Also only grams heavier than the carbon ones. They are very well made.

jonba
    Free Member

http://www.pipedreamcycles.com/infinity-rigids/

I’ve got these, drop them a line they weren’t on the website but they still had them.

Failing that, salsa? surly? curtis?

butcher

if you’re near south west london

Nowhere near unfortunately.

Check out the Exotic ones, I think the alloy ones are cheaper.

Didn’t realise they had an alloy range. They have loads of carbon ones on eBay. But a quick search shows they’re still more expensive than the On-ones. Fair enough, given they’ll be lighter (I assume). But still a little out of budget.

butcher

Good suggestion Jonba, I’ve never seen those before. They appear to be disc specific though.

righog
    Free Member

Been looking for ages and as you say all the second hand ones, go for almost the same as new ones. So I have just bought some of the on one’s.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I’ve been running a set of these Ebay Mosso ones for about 2 years, mainly road use tho they are meant for mtbs.

Cost around £40, alloy so less forgiving than steel. v light tho.

whattyre
    Free Member

ive got some project 2s made by kona,brand new,never been on anything..£45 posted

butcher

Yeah. I’ve seen the Mosso ones. They look OK. And I’m sure they’re as good as anything – I doubt cro-mo forks are very compliant anyway. But there’s a little bit inside me that would be more comfortable with steel when buying so cheap.

Also, they’d look like dogshit on a steel frame.

butcher

Do they have disc and v-brake mounts, whattyre?

whattyre
    Free Member

yep 1 1/8th”…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone make a cheap, steel rigid fork?’ is closed to new replies.