Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does anyone know anything about Internet Radio?
  • vonplatz
    Free Member

I have a Roberts Istream Revival 1 and used to use it to listen to BBC stations from Spain. In Febuary, the radio stopped receiving BBc live radio without me having changed any settings. I can listen to BBC podcasts and world service. Other stations work fine.

I have a very fast internet connection (fibre optic) and not too many devices connected (5).

I use a service that masks my IP making it seem like it’s a UK address (I can watch bbc iplayer on TV).

I tried the radio at work last week and it works fine, leading me to believe that the problem must be somewhere on my network.

I have tried disabling the firewall on the router, no difference.
    I have tried disabling the security protocol on the router (I use WPA2 normally), again nothing.

Does anyone know what’s going on?

vonplatz
    Free Member

This is a bump for the morning crowd, I know some of you are IT managers who drive audis. This should be easy for you.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Can’t help, but what service do you use to get around the geoblocking?

33tango

Have u tried switching it Off and On again? 🙂

jam-bo

port blocking? do internet radio stations use port 80 or something else?

vonplatz
    Free Member

I use a service called Unblockus.

It may be the port but I can listen to most stations no problem. It’s only the BBC that doesn’t work.

vonplatz
    Free Member

Anyone?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d be looking at what you’re using to mask your location.
    If the radio works on other stations at home, that rules out your radio, internet connection and home network.

ampthill

Looks like the radio enforcers are ahead of the tv enforcers

vonplatz
    Free Member

Looks like the radio enforcers are ahead of the tv enforcers

Must be, thanks to bigyinn i’ve got the radio working but now i can’t watch bbc. No more gbbo for the missis (i quite like it too).

You may be thinking “freeloading git enjoying the content paid for my my license fee” and you’d be right!

I honestly wouldn’t mind paying it though if i could have access to british broadcast media.

Living in Spain is ace but the beer and telly are both sub par.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know anything about Internet Radio?’ is closed to new replies.