Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Does anyone have Dad Saturdays?
  • carbon337
    Free Member

My first morning looking after our baby daughter. Started with just 2 hours when the Mrs went out to our allotment.

Can’t wait till we can do more together but at 4.5 months it’s quite limiting. Hopefully this will be a weekly occurrence and we can do more and more interesting activities as the years go by.

One happy bonding father.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Saturday now involve karate in the morning, dinner, cycling in the afternoon interspersed with tree climbing, cake baking then Dr who – watching F1 one at the minute so you have to stuff you hate too but yes they rock

iain1775
    Free Member

Currently watching F1 with my one year old daughter making car rasping noises and giggling sat next too me
    She may have been up all night with and left me feeling knackered and with a banging headache but moments like this more than male up for it

iain1775
    Free Member

Currently watching F1 with my one year old daughter making car rasping noises and giggling sat next too me
    She may have been up all night with and left me feeling knackered and with a banging headache but moments like this more than male up for it

mintimperial

It gets much more interesting. When they’re old enough for the various kid-friendly museums and suchlike it’s actually pretty splendid, and you get to play with all the fun stuff yourself too. Spent ages mucking about in the ‘Experiment’ section at MOSI last Sunday…

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes I’ve just been to the garden centre to look at the animals and go on the little train, then she helped me at the supermarket.

Travis

Saturdays I like to play hockey or go out on my mtb so I want to have Sunday with my lad.

I enjoy every minute of it. It is what I look forward to most during the week

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Every day is a dad Saturday when you are a “single” parent.

Sandwich

From experience dad days rock! We used to do dad weekends too away in the Peak climbing or the lakes for both the lad and the girl.

binners

Yip. Dad Saturday here too. We’ve been around the art galleries in Manchester and lots of running around on the park. Oh… and eating unhealthy food. Fantastic fun! 😀

rp16v
    Free Member

as i start my second job at about 2 on saterdays we get up early usualy cuddle up on the couch with eggy bread and a cartoon/film and take her to play center,out on bikes,playing in local stream,looking for bears in local woods just working past tantrums and potty training at moment

flip
    Free Member

I have my son every other weekend, i love it now he’s 9, we have conversations and eveything.

I just caught him watching the cricket in his room…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Dad Saturday morning for me while mummy goes to the gym, I love it.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Dad Saturday is ace. I like it as I spend time alone with my daughter. She likes it because we always do something out of the house. My GF likes it as she gets to not be mummy for a few hours. Kids grow up so quick and if you are a working man you miss so much of it. That one day a week is very important.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I like my dad saturdays MORE than bike sundays. My little girl is such consistent great fun to be with – we have a laugh and a a half, nothing comes near.

Other people do not have a clue what we are talking about or laughing about 🙂

Just me and her, coffe and cake what ever time of the day, pissing around, more food, walks, more food – its ace!

Mister-P
    Free Member

rp16v, eggy bread is great! My little lady loves it.

bruk

Have dad wednesday every other week and when my wife is on call at weekends (1 in 5) we have dad weekends.

Fantastic fun, had to do some shopping this morning and then out for walk in backpack with dog. Just trying to sort out swimming classes but lots don’t seem to be that dad friendly.

rp16v
    Free Member

mister p shes blody loves it, its great poor mans food
    egg,bread and tomy k 😀

Drac

As I work shifts I’ve looked after both kids mid week pre-school and early school years. Doing the nursery, school runs and looking after them outside of those times. It’s great and means the girls are very close but of course they do love the mother too, she usually spends time with them on a weekend which means if I’m off I may get out on my bike.

ski
    Free Member

neilsonwheels – Member

Every day is a dad Saturday when you are a “single” parent.

Very true & respect.

RichPenny
    Free Member

My wife is 7 days late with our first. So no 😥 Really looking forward to it though 🙂

Lucas
    Free Member

Just had two weeks of dad days with our first son (nearly 2) whilst on paternity leave with number 2 son (nearly 2 weeks old). Today we’ve been for a long dog walk in the morning, then swimming, then riding balance bikes in the woods in the afternoon. I watched the F1 qualifying with number 2 while number one slept off the swimming. I’m knackered now but it’s all fun.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lucas, how’s it going with the two kids? You have a similar configuration to that which we’re about to get 🙂

tartanscarf

I do something with the wee fella (5 months) at least once a week, us a walk with the dogs at least every second day. Favourite activity at the moment is swimming – great fun!

theotherjonv

I don’t have a fixed day but i love spending time with my two whenever I can. Like this morning, #1 who is very introverted and bookish sat at the dining table and drew up a great long list of people she loves and drew some pictures. #2 ‘helped’ me prune some of our overgrown garden by adding leaves sticks and mud to a bucket and then stirring it with a stick. And then got me in trouble for letting her get mud all over her jeans.

This afternoon we went shopping and had coffee and cookies. I let #1 buy some nail varnish for her toes and #2 got a new boyish T-shirt.

This evening me and #1 talked for ages about her moving up to Junior school in September, and i hope I’ve managed to allay her concerns about moving to the big class. While #2 watched Dr Who.

I haven’t been near the bike, I’ve had 3 bollockings off the wife (mud, nail varnish, talking about things that worry her before bedtime) and it’s still been a great day.

Whatever age they are, enjoy them. They change so fast.

totalshell

dad saturday? dads taxi day more like.. swimming then horse riding then disco then jazz then the fun fair then the champions league final.. must remember to breathe next saturday..

Lucas
    Free Member

Mol – it’s going well so far. #1 loves #2, his name is the first thing he says in the morning and he has to say good night to him before bed. He sometimes gives too much attention and it can be annoying trying to stop a persistent 23 month old from climbing into a moses basket.

It’s helped with me having time to spend so much time with #1 so he has not become too jealous – we’ve been doing some fun activities and it’s been really good. I’m really looking forwards to when #2 is older so the 3 of us can do all these things together.

We seem more relaxed this time round and the little one is awake all day but sleeping all night, which is fine by me!! I go back to work this week, but parents are coming to help out and ease the transition for my wife. I know you’re in Germany so you might not have this opportunity – but it depends how the first one is. Our oldest is big and strong for his age, likes activities and has little patience for concentrating on one thing for more than a minute. This makes thing difficult when you have a baby that you need to sit still with (when feeding at least).

Hope it all goes well for you and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!

mrsflash
    Free Member

We do this sometimes when I get out on my bike, it’s great. Need to do it more often really.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I don’t really have dad Saturdays, we share the childcare roughly equally anyway, so sometimes we’re all together, sometimes one or the other of us is out. I do have dad Thursdays though, gone down to 4 days a week so Thursday is bike ride day or some other adventure (friday she gets swimming day with my wife).

I also managed to take 3 months unpaid leave between 8-11 months when my wife was back to work, and can totally recommend that, was brilliant fun, and what a great time to do it, new stuff every day.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone have Dad Saturdays?’ is closed to new replies.