Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • does anyone go to the theatre?
  • theauthorities
    Free Member

have seen a number of good plays (kings of war, yerma, invisible hand) so far this year
    but no idea what to see next
    suggestions?

cbike
    Free Member

Dragon at Edinburgh international fest.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Saw The Caretaker in that London earlier in the year; had been eagerly anticipating it for a long time. Was not disappointed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes but don’t really have any suggestions. We are on email lists of a few theatres and pick and chose what we like the look of from each seasons programme. Have seen a few “major stars” in recent years as there is a trend to do stage work which is great.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Really looking forward to seeing Antony Sher in RSC’s King Lear

Bazz

Can’t recommend 39 steps enough, best i’ve seen.

Moses

If you ever get the chance to see the Superbolt theatre group, take it.
    They are indeed super, & their current production of Dinosaur / Jurassic Park is wonderful.

Anything at the Tobacco Factory in Bristol is good

epicyclo

Not if I can help it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Used to go regularly but infrequently. (3 times a year).
    I was looking forward to an evening wandering London taking snaps when new girlie said the reason we had gone to see the Millennium Bridge was that she’d bought us tickets to A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Globe. A very different production and an amazing venue. I’ll probably start going on a more frequent basis,

seosamh77
    Free Member

Go once in a while really should go more, just usually take my mum for a day out.. Over the last year or 2 I’ve seen, 1984, whisky galore, one man 2 guvnors, east is east. All good, love the theatre in general, and i should go a lot more and expand out more of what I see genre wise. The experience in general is brilliant imo.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes – Friend of the Globe and have enjoyed that especially in the Wannamaker theatre.

But theatre going is getting very expensive especially for a family. Dont do it enough as a result.

Lifer
    Free Member

Saw ‘The Comedy About A Bank Robbery’ last week, from the same people who did ‘The Play That Goes Wrong’ and ‘Peter Pan Goes Wrong’. Very silly airplane type humor with brilliant set design and some very inventive ideas. Highly recommend any of them!

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ One Man Two Guvnors is supposed to be excellent

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye it was top notch, wasn’t the cordon version i seen, some other guy. would recommend it if it tours again, an absolute hoot! 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

After yesterday I have booked for Breakfast At Tiffany’s with Pixie Lott, its a musical, but I’ll risk it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘does anyone go to the theatre?’ is closed to new replies.