Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Does anyone else really not like wearing gloves?
  • bowie278
    Free Member

As per the title really folks. They seem to rub my hands and make them sore a few miles/descents in. I ride without gloves 90% of the time but my hands perspire quite a bit. Anyone got any tips for this? I’ve been told climbing chalk works well?

jam-bo

Better fitting gloves.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Have one big crash and road rash your hands to bits. That should change your outlook 🙂

Andy-R

I really don’t like not wearing gloves, especially in high temperatures

wilburt
    Free Member

Quite often dont wear them and if its a long ride I usually end up not wearing em even if I started with them.

Yes a certain accident could be worse but following that that logic would mean just driving a range rover everywhere.

postierich
    Free Member

very rarely I wear gloves even in extreme temps!
    when I do I am always loosing one usually the left hand!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Road or off-road ?

Off road, grips aren’t comfortable enough for no gloves for me, or those that are get sticky, or shred into rubber particles that stick to the hand. Plus the amount of stuff that hits my hands requires gloves. Full finger, even in hot weather.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Always wear them when riding off road, on road don’t usually bother

Toasty

Bizarrely I’m the opposite way around. I wear them most of the time while on my road bike, far less often on my mountain bikes. I generally use big Oury grips on mountain bikes though, which are soft enough as they are.

njee20
    Free Member

Never wear them (in summer) on the road, but always do on the MTB. If they’re rubbing then +1 for finding better ones. Spesh BG gel for me.

legend
    Free Member

They seem to rub my hands and make them sore a few miles/descents in

Padded gloves by any chance? No padding ftw

sharkattack

This thread made me realise I’ve stopped wearing gloves.

I wore them non stop for about 15 years. Can’t actually think wear my current ones are. I probably last wore them in the Alps last year but I haven’t been bothering with them in this weather and I’ve lost my white handed glove tan.

Grips are super comfy ODI Longnecks. None of that scrawny little lock-on nonsense.

richmars

Only wear them in the winter when cold. Never in the summer, on or off road. I just don’t like them.

onandon
    Free Member

Only in winter and no padding.

chickenman

I was up Macduibh and its neighbours two weeks ago with my push bike, couldn’t decide whether to take summer or winter gloves; took the latter. Got my hands so cold my fingers kept popping off the brakes, binned the riding and walked up a munro summit still with my helmet on ’cause I couldn’t remove unclip it. Proved a good move when I got blasted with hail at 50mph! Finger tips are still tingling after 14 days! 🙁
    So, next time out: Fleece gloves for hike-a-bike; thick and also thin ones for the riding down! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else really not like wearing gloves?’ is closed to new replies.